Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 02:39 AM

324 posts, read 441,200 times

Advertisements

Now where can I find a women like that lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 05:18 AM

348 posts, read 498,472 times
Maybe he's rich

Old 11-09-2013, 05:59 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
The sex is probably amazing

Old 11-09-2013, 06:54 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Plenty of men are just as stupid. This isn't a gender-specific phenomenon. In fact, it's stupid to think so.

I doubt it's gender specific. I'm sure there are men exactly like my wife's friends.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:06 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
I believe, people who takes backs a cheater/abuser are not gullible, nor dumb - just not strong enough to move on. Some people dread of being alone, and the unknown.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I believe, people who takes backs a cheater/abuser are not gullible, nor dumb - just not strong enough to move on. Some people dread of being alone, and the unknown.
I agree with this, and have seen it many times.

Sometimes they are convinced they could not do any better, or that this is a normal relationship. I was shocked when I started hearing about relationships from people where it was just assumed they were cheating because 'that's what men do'. You can either deal with a cheating man, or move on to another cheating man, and these women were completely convinced of this.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:07 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
That guy must have a lot of money or just spends a lot on her, or she is in bad financial shape. Or maybe she likes the idea of having other options for herself.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:09 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Oh, that is very sad.

I hate it when people see someone who has all those problems (internal and external), and has suffered like that, and they say, 'Oh s/he just likes being the victim'.

People say it to absolve themselves of any responsibility to help, and it's cruel.
There is alot of truth to the statement that one likes being the victim. Sort of like a certain group of people who are actually the majority of the population, yet consider themselves as "minority" solely to retain their victim status. When someone has no self worth, they seek out a partner who will treat them as such. They cannot accept another person treating them well, because it doesnt agree with the way they see themselves. So when a person thinks they are worthless, they would prefer a BF/GF who treats them as such. Its the only way they can attain any sort of calm and sanity in their life. its the only way the world is congruent with their beliefs.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:31 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I agree with this, and have seen it many times.

Sometimes they are convinced they could not do any better, or that this is a normal relationship. I was shocked when I started hearing about relationships from people where it was just assumed they were cheating because 'that's what men do'. You can either deal with a cheating man, or move on to another cheating man, and these women were completely convinced of this.
Yes.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:30 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
So my wife's friend came over and they were yakking in the other room when I was asked to come and answer a question

Seems my wife's friend found her BF cheated on her. So long story short
I ask. Did you dump him
Looking shocked she said no.
I ask why
She said well he loves me.
And I'm thinking wtf. And I still cannot believe this answer I wanna claw my eyes out. "Besides he said I'm much better in bed than she ever was"

OH WHY OH WHY cant I find a woman that gullible. My wife would see through that from about 20 miles away.

So I sort of gave a incredulous laugh and said you should dump him. She didn't like my answer cause she made what I call stinky face. Well back to watching the Terminator.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."

Men do this too, it isn't just a woman thang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships