Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 01:19 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,851,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post

From a guys perspective, I think it is so devistating because there is nothing you can do about it. Sounds like that would make it easier to deal with, but it doesn't. If it were another guy, you at least feel like you can compete and win her over, even if you know she is gone for good: you gave it your best shot and it was not "meant to be". But if she turned out to be a lesbian, and left you for a woman, what can you do? Nothing. Not matter what you do, or can do, will "win" her back. She would be gone forever, as if she had died, yet, she would be out there alive and happy and with someone who's language you will never be able to speak. Talk about a downer!
Not to diminish anyone's pain, but that's just ego talking. Just so you know...

Old 11-14-2013, 01:19 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,063,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post

From a guys perspective, I think it is so devistating because there is nothing you can do about it. Sounds like that would make it easier to deal with, but it doesn't. If it were another guy, you at least feel like you can compete and win her over, even if you know she is gone for good: you gave it your best shot and it was not "meant to be". But if she turned out to be a lesbian, and left you for a woman, what can you do? Nothing. Not matter what you do, or can do, will "win" her back. She would be gone forever, as if she had died, yet, she would be out there alive and happy and with someone who's language you will never be able to speak. Talk about a downer!

Interesting. I was dumped for a woman by a girl I knew was bi. I took it the opposite. That I couldn't compete against a woman so it made it easier. If it was a man she left me for, that really would have hurt more... he was better than me.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:59 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,989,697 times
things were more casual than BF/GF but yes, a gal whom i hooked up with and knew very well for many years is now married to another woman

it makes me feel, "good for her, i'm glad she's happy." we still see each other on occasion and it's fine, my pee-wee doesn't get bent out of shape or anything like that

my exes who went on to marry loser guys completely unlike me weird me out more. although even then not that much, it's all in the past

Old 11-16-2013, 12:24 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,946,306 times
I dated this cute girl who was very in denial about her sexuality. She was an aspiring stand up comic so I think she was afraid it would ruin her career. I dated her for a bit but then she came out and decided no more hot beef injections for her. I will only refer to her as E. Degeneres to protect her anonymity.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:51 AM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I dated this cute girl who was very in denial about her sexuality. She was an aspiring stand up comic so I think she was afraid it would ruin her career. I dated her for a bit but then she came out and decided no more hot beef injections for her. I will only refer to her as E. Degeneres to protect her anonymity.
I'm curious with all the good stuff Ellen does, I wonder when she'll stop being the butt of jokes........

Old 11-16-2013, 11:51 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,851,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
I have a friend who's ex decided to turn gay after they broke up. It was a pretty big shock!
Just curious, when exactly did YOU decide to "turn heterosexual"?

I mean, if a person can decide to "turn gay" they should be able to decide when to turn straight, right?

Old 11-16-2013, 12:06 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,649,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm curious with all the good stuff Ellen does, I wonder when she'll stop being the butt of jokes........
I Think Ellen is great she a lot better person then Rose IMO.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I Think Ellen is great she a lot better person then Rose IMO.
All of those yrs Rosie had to pretend to have a crush on Tom Cruise must have turned her bitter, because she comes off quite nasty sometimes.........

Old 11-16-2013, 12:55 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,540,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just curious, when exactly did YOU decide to "turn heterosexual"?

I mean, if a person can decide to "turn gay" they should be able to decide when to turn straight, right?
I didn't decide to turn heterosexual. I was born that way just like everyone.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
I have a friend who's ex decided to turn gay after they broke up. It was a pretty big shock!
Asinine.

People don't "turn" gay.

Either you are or you aren't. That person probably always was, they just came out when the break up happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships