Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:56 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times

Advertisements

Looking at some of the other threads, such as video games, such as what's on TV, who's the interest in People this week, what should we be able to talk about when we meet someone new?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 10:09 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Depends on the person.

I'd steer away from hot button topics like politics.

Keep it light in the beginning. Interests such as hobbies music etc...

Old 10-04-2015, 10:09 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Mutual interests?

Old 10-04-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Mutual interests?
Well, what is the expected mutual?

Old 10-04-2015, 10:12 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Pretty much anything.

I guess just follow the saying, "Avoid religion and politics" because that might be a little divisive.

Although, it could be interesting, "Well, I've always wanted to visit Florence and what are your views on abortion?"

Old 10-04-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Pretty much anything.

I guess just follow the saying, "Avoid religion and politics" because that might be a little divisive.

Although, it could be interesting, "Well, I've always wanted to visit Florence and what are your views on abortion?"
"I've been to Florence but it was long ago. Wonderful air museum. They had this spy super Connie out at to greet you if not draw you into the place from the highway, a B-66, why, they even had a DASH!

As far as the other, that is a matter for the woman and who she wishes to tell."

Old 10-04-2015, 10:18 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, you said you had a profile on a dating site, right? I don't do online dating, but from my understanding there is a list of hobbies and interests; well, you can try those and work from there. Like if someone is into traveling and so are you, then try talking about that. If you both like animals, talk about pets or a nature documentary you've seen or even some funny animal stories you know.

Just curious, how old are you?

I have a hypothesis about something that I am currently playing around with.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:20 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I don't think there is one, it depends on the people involved.

When my partner and I first met, a lot of what we spoke about was hiking and camping. An interest that sparked our initial conversation online.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:24 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
We get it. You're a spy.

Are we all that stunted that we don't know how to make informal, interesting talk anymore?

Travel
weather
sports
local happenings
music
films/tv
gardening
restaurants/food
cars

Old 10-04-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
We get it. You're a spy.

Are we all that stunted that we don't know how to make informal, interesting talk anymore?

Travel
weather
sports
local happenings
music
films/tv
gardening
restaurants/food
cars
Believe it or not, one of the things I try to avoid in conversations is marksmanship. I, by accident, brought up the subject last night while talking with the husband of a friend dancer, and it was not a very easy talk to do. Perhaps because I don't talk about it much or probably because I am trying to have other things in my life to relate with than just my military past.

As far as sports go, that tends to be my pacifying distraction conversation piece. Ie, when people are getting argumentative, uneasy, or the like, I drop into the conversation, "Hey, how about those Nicks!".

But long story short, what should we really be truly interested in to be able to talk about? For the list given, I could study that, probably talk convincingly about it........but it would all be an act. That's part of my improv actress training, get up to date on current popular culture to be able to play what the audience suggests.

Sure, could do it convincingly, but for a lover, would really prefer to do it sincerely.

NOW, to that other question, let me just say I remember watching Neil Armstrong walking on the moon on live TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships