Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:50 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times

Advertisements

And what will you do tomorrow?

How do you keep your focus on the aspects of yourself that you can change, and off the aspects you cannot change?

What kind of person are you aiming to become? (Not who will you date, but what will you be like?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 12:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
I work out 4 times a week. Today is Thanksgiving, I don't do anything on Holidays except visit family, cook, and eat.

Tomorrow I will work 12 hours in steam-filled rooms and also throw batches of 1400lbs of meat into kettles throughout the day. When i get home tomorrow I will probably shower, eat, and pass out because I won't have any energy to do anything, then do it again on Saturday. I don't know what I will feel like on Sunday.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:05 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

How do you keep your focus on the aspects of yourself that you can change, and off the aspects you cannot change?

What kind of person are you aiming to become? (Not who will you date, but what will you be like?)
I think it's a bad idea to improve yourself with the express interest of getting women because you will find that 1) it might not help after all, 2) you wasted all that time doing something you care nothing about to impress someone who doesn't even like you after that.

What aspects do you suggest men improve about themselves?

Old 11-28-2013, 12:30 PM

457 posts, read 605,322 times
Quote:

Since women always talk about men accepting them for who they are, shouldn't women generally allow a similar type of mentality from men? Sure, someone who has no drive for success is one thing, but the onus shouldn't be only on the man, and women can just sit back and wait with little self improvement.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:58 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,725,395 times
Quote:

First of all, I love this post! We should be taking strides every day for personal development-- not just to find a date, but to live a better life.

However, I'd like to add that this applies to BOTH sexes. There are women out there who consider themselves to be undateable, but don't do anything to change that.

If you want to get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done!

Enjoy the holiday, everyone

Old 11-28-2013, 01:00 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I think it's a bad idea to improve yourself with the express interest of getting women because you will find that 1) it might not help after all, 2) you wasted all that time doing something you care nothing about to impress someone who doesn't even like you after that.

What aspects do you suggest men improve about themselves?
Ohh, ohh, pick me, pick me!!

How about: get off the internet and stop b*tching about the same old thing and DO something different than you've done before, to get different (and hopefully better) results.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:07 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,739,979 times
this morning i was at the gym for a bit...body sculpting and yes, im attracted to females that workout...body art is arousing

ive been cleaning up my language for a few years now, from immature innuendos and swearing at will...i have a much more respect tongue now

clothes, im not a metrosexual or anything, but i dress how i want, and its usually something basic.

on a second note, it is funny when you see dudes trying way too hard

Old 11-28-2013, 01:28 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Ohh, ohh, pick me, pick me!!

How about: get off the internet and stop b*tching about the same old thing and DO something different than you've done before, to get different (and hopefully better) results.
I think some of the men who complain aren't on here that much.

Some of them are barely on here and others are on here way less than some of the people who are telling them what to do. But I digress.

I really think that guys do try and do different things.

Like I always tell guys to hit quickly and get your answer early. Obviously that comes from real life experience and not from living in a vacuum.

Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-29-2013 at 12:53 PM..

Old 11-28-2013, 02:04 PM

255 posts, read 373,819 times
Quote:
Dude, I'm rarely on this forum. I'm busy pursuing my hobbies and meeting-up with my guyfriends. What do you mean do something that I've never done before? Short of making myself taller, I did try everything under the sun in my early to mid 20's to no avail.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:43 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,192 times
last plan was to go to college to get laid... couple of years later and... nothing... that's kind of a bust so moving to plan B,

today; studied.
women like career/successful guys, so first step is the mastersdegree...
tomorrow; same thing.

Long-game sucks :P... 2~ish years to go for phase 1 lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships