Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 08:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,907,987 times

Advertisements

Omg imagine naming your daughter Karma.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 09:29 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,237,379 times
Karma doesn't exist in the way we want it to exist.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:03 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,852,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofybean View Post
Many men are hurt from getting rejected after mustering up the courage to ask a woman out, and putting himself and his embarrassment on the line.

After the man bows out gracefully and leaves, and finds a dark hole in the wall to piece himself together, the woman remains unscathed, perhaps even empowered by the fact someone liked her and she had the power to reject them. (I've seen threads on here boasting of such things)

Anyway, based on the fact that women reject men all the time, that's a lot of hurt feelings they generate.
Does the karma of the hurt dished out by their actions ever find it's way back to them?

Personally, I don't believe in karma, but many do. If so I'd like to know others opinion about karma in this circumstance.
I don't think there's karma in the sense that you phrased it. Rejection doesn't hurt that much if it's someone you have no feelings for.

But there is something, sometimes.

For example, last night I was in the 'real world' as CD posters like to call it. I met a group of friends and one of the guys brought a female friend with him. I started talking to her and she would answer my questions, but made no attempt to engage me in two way conversation. She was more interested in playing with her phone. I knew she was single because her and her friend mentioned it.

I can't even count how many times this happens. Even sometimes when the woman is friendlier, she still makes no attempt to make it a two way conversation. And every now and then, guys do it to me as well. It's OK for me. But if I had that attitude when meeting new people, not only would I never find anybody, I'd have no friends either. Even if I was a married man with children, I'd still gleefully engage people in conversation, whenever, wherever, unless they were offensive.

I think there's an inequity divide where some people are more desired than others so they are able to decide who they want to engage and who they want to brush off. Maybe if a man or woman does that too much, then they will find themselves 35 and out of options, so that might be a version of karma.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:27 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,215,422 times
Quote:
Many men are hurt from getting rejected after mustering up the courage to ask a woman out, and putting himself and his embarrassment on the line.

After the man bows out gracefully and leaves, and finds a dark hole in the wall to piece himself together, the woman remains unscathed, perhaps even empowered by the fact someone liked her and she had the power to reject them. (I've seen threads on here boasting of such things)

Anyway, based on the fact that women reject men all the time, that's a lot of hurt feelings they generate.
Does the karma of the hurt dished out by their actions ever find it's way back to them?

Personally, I don't believe in karma, but many do. If so I'd like to know others opinion about karma in this circumstance.

I don't know any man who finds a dark hole in the wall to piece himself together after a woman says "no thank you." Any man who does has an emotional problem, if he is that destroyed by a rejection. If that's what you do, you need a shrink.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:30 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,215,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
All the young cute women rejecting men now will be rejected themselves in later years or via divorce, getting cheated on, etc.
Garbage. Absolute garbage. Plenty of women who reject men will go on to have happy marriages and lives with the men they choose.

But if you need to tell yourself that by golly, they'll get their comeuppance one day, just to get yourself through the night, have at it. They won't notice.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:20 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,701,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Garbage. Absolute garbage. Plenty of women who reject men will go on to have happy marriages and lives with the men they choose.

But if you need to tell yourself that by golly, they'll get their comeuppance one day, just to get yourself through the night, have at it. They won't notice.
Not garbage in the sense that just as those men get rejected. Those same women who got rejected will probably get rejected by someone else before they find that person who will deal with them. Rejection goes both ways and it is a part of life. Those same men will find women who will deal with them and very well maybe better women overall than the women who rejected them. Who knows. I do know that people don't hit 1.000 when it comes to dating. Also consider if the rejected was a real arsehole about it. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't.

Last edited by Yellow Jacket; 12-01-2013 at 11:35 AM..

Old 12-01-2013, 04:04 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,739,557 times
You should have been a woman.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 3,882 times
Karma simply means that what you do will come back to you whether you do good or you do bad

If you have an intent inside your heart and you were saying no to a proposal, yet inside you were criticizing, thinking they were to fat or too ugly or unclean looking or if you were to be mean and harsh to the other person then you will set into motion the vibration of karma. Karma is a result of first the intention, then followed by your thoughts, words, and deeds.

Suppose you had reacted to a person in a harshly manner, were criticizing them and openly embarrassing them, then the Law of Karma will be put into motion. Those reactions will be sent out into the universe and return to you in a similar way. You may not experience karma through your significant other but think about your personal life, your family and friends, your work and social status. Because you did that to that person, somewhere through one of these avenues karma will come back to you and usually is harsher then you were to the person you rejected.

However if you can through Love and Wisdom come to an understanding that what you did to that person was wrong and you honestly mean't what you said, "that what I did was wrong" you will negate the return fold of Karma from coming onto you. If you could especially attempt to apologize personally to the person you may even gain a reward through the Love and Wisdom you have gained.

Karma is how we react to an experience or situation and how we act to others on a personal level. The 9th Law of Mind states, "as you can manage your attitude, you can manage your reactions. Again, what happens in your life is purely neutral. But how you react to what happens is not; it can affect your health and your performance."

I hope I have been of HELP, if you have any other questions perhaps I can help you find the answer-

Old 05-25-2015, 08:43 PM

123 posts, read 97,338 times
Quote:

Many men are hurt when they gave everything they had and watched it smashed to pieces over and over and over and over again. After awhile you just stop trying and sit back and let some other guy take the carnage. Often times not, he's too fly and smooth and Mr. GQ.... says all the right things at the right times and never makes a mistake. Good, I hope they have a wonderful life and have nice babies together.

If you can't win it honestly then there is no point trying anymore.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:47 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,407,420 times
I don't believe in karma. But I do have a conscience and I try to be as gentle as possible when letting men down. HOWEVER, as a woman who has many options, I have to be selective ... and some men just DON'T take a hint. We have to practically yell at them and throw a drink in their face for them to understand we mean business.

Trust me.. some men think "hell no" means "in a few minutes.. work harder." When it certainly does not. No means no. Until 100% of men fully understand that, us women will have to occasionally be rude about it. Its not because we're mean spirited by nature, or we have no heart, or we think we're better than them.. its because we're just not into the guy and he's too hard-headed to see that if we're too nice about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships