Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much accuracy when judging a woman's sexual behavior from basic appearance? (Read post #1.)
No accuracy 28 58.33%
Slight accuracy 10 20.83%
Moderate accuracy 5 10.42%
High accuracy 5 10.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 11:06 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times

Advertisements

How accurately do you think a woman's sexual behavior can be judged from how she looks? To make it harder, how she looks out in public but not dressed up for work or partying. [grabbing my flame-proof suit]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 11:15 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
What do you mean by sexual behaviour? What she does in bed? Or how easy she is?

What correlation do you have in mind? Do you think ugly women are more sl*tty or less sl*tty?

Clearly you have some idea in your head, but you have not succeeded in getting it into print.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:32 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,526 times
I've found there is no definite way to tell. I've dated women who come across as very conservative, shy and respectful, who were absolute wild women in the sack and women who dress provocatively who sucked in bed. I prefer women who know what it takes but don't feel the need to advertise it.

As the ole saying goes, many men prefer a woman to be a true lady in public and a complete **** in bed.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:38 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
It was a common complaint in my college dorm by certain women that men expected sex from them immediately. These women weren't aware that they had a naturally racy ("hot" vs. "cute") look. (It had nothing to do with clothing choices. It was mainly about facial features.) They went around asking their roommates and friends, "Do I look wild? Do I look like I'm loose??" They gave up on dating as a result of these expectations.

Don't people usually learn not to judge a book by its cover by the time they finish highschool? Or during their college experience, at least? Apparently not.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:38 AM

It's whatever a woman does sexually (including how picky she is and her creativity in bed). "Ugly" is too broad a term to be of any value in this discussion.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:43 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's whatever a woman does sexually (including how picky she is and her creativity in bed). "Ugly" is too broad a term to be of any value in this discussion.
If you're experienced with women, and insightful, you will gain an ability to just tell. Women often overcompensate themselves to garner interest from men. I've found there are subtle little characteristics a women lets on without evening knowing that will often tell me how she might be. And remember, it's most often just how two people click. She might be crazy out of control amazon woman with me and a complete dead fish with the next guy.

It's often just how she carries herself, her voice, her eyes, how she may look at me. You can't really explain it. Slutty dressing women, does not equal anything more then possibly being easy. Most women who dress this way are not that great in bed. IMHO.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,052,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It was a common complaint in my college dorm by certain women that men expected sex from them immediately. These women weren't aware that they had a naturally racy ("hot" vs. "cute") look. (It had nothing to do with clothing choices. It was mainly about facial features.) They went around asking their roommates and friends, "Do I look wild? Do I look like I'm loose??" They gave up on dating as a result of these expectations.

Don't people usually learn not to judge a book by its cover by the time they finish highschool? Or during their college experience, at least? Apparently not.
I think that, aside from facial features, large-breasted women tend also to be stereotyped as being more sexually promiscuous.

My personal experience is that it's completely impossible to ascertain someone's sexual habits based upon their physical appearance, and that it's incredibly rude and disrespectful to form such opinions about someone you don't actually know.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:08 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
How accurately do you think a woman's sexual behavior can be judged from how she looks? To make it harder, how she looks out in public but not dressed up for work or partying. [grabbing my flame-proof suit]
No relation whatsoever.

The prettiest people are by no means always, or even usually, the most fun sexually. Too many pretty people regard their sexuality as a bargaining chip to be used strategically, rather than as something natural and human to be shared and enjoyed.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:16 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
its often cultural

women in Italy and latin America show more skin , cleavage etc than women in northern Europe yet northern European women are quicker to engage in casual sex outside relationships or marriage

so no , you cannot gauge that much from appearance

Old 12-01-2013, 12:49 PM

I figured most people would deny a connection and some would bristle at the idea of it, but I believe there's at least a little truth to it. People naturally judge all sorts of things based on looks, and nature wouldn't make us that way if it were completely unproductive. There's nothing immoral about making an internal judgment (versus gossiping or name-calling),although believing it too strongly is unwise.

I have heard the breast size/promiscuity mental association before and think any accuracy it has is due to self-selection (implants, tight clothing) and hormones. The face shows hormone levels, too.

Probably the strongest connection between female appearance and sexual behavior is in whether a woman is much interested in sex or not. Google Janeane Garofalo and Kristi Funk. They're not lacking in breasts, and they aren't masculine facially, yet somehow most people could tell from pictures that Funk is much more sexual than Garofalo. In fact, Janeane Garofalo has admitted she's virtually asexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships