Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:48 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times

Advertisements

Since a lot of the women in the military are married, that shows that someone has dated them.

The only thing that should be an issue would be if your relationship could stand long separations when she gets deployed. Since military relationships very often do survive deployments, that is possible, but it takes commitment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Since a lot of the women in the military are married, that shows that someone has dated them.

The only thing that should be an issue would be if your relationship could stand long separations when she gets deployed. Since military relationships very often do survive deployments, that is possible, but it takes commitment.
Civilian dependent husbands of military women tend not to be able to handle the role. The fault is not the women, it's the men.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:05 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognitive55 View Post
Sure. About time they make em go to war. Equality remember?
Women serve in war. Why you ignorantly think otherwise is beyond me. However, your churlish "equality" comment suggests that you think women are simultaneously calling for equality yet refusing to serve during wartime.

Well, here's a clue - the service of women in combat has occurred because women strove to serve in combat roles, invariably fighting institutional resistance against it. So if you're really feeling all bent that more women aren't serving in combat, quit your whining and call your Congressman and Senators and support this:
https://www.aclu.org/womens-rights/a...mbat-positions

Or you could just keep complaining about women. Your call.

In order to drag this back on-topic, why not date a woman who is a marine? It's silly that people really think a group as large and disparate as 'all women in the Marine Corps' has any consistent attributes other than being a woman and being a marine.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:35 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Sure, but there's probably less variation in personality and social class than for male service members. I did meet a female Army vet with a personality type I like, but low class like nearly all the women seem to be.
What a classy remark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
In order to drag this back on-topic, why not date a woman who is a marine? It's silly that people really think a group as large and disparate as 'all women in the Marine Corps' has any consistent attributes other than being a woman and being a marine.
^^^ This.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Probably not. They look nothing like in the commercials
Agreed, I like my woman to be feminine. Camouflage and combat boots just don't cut it.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:46 PM

328 posts, read 466,326 times
To be fair, there is nothing particularly sexy about a lot of daily functional work clothing that many female workers wear (UPS delivery women, Fire women, lady cops, etc you get the picture) but uh...I am quite sure that they own clothing other than their uniforms...and I know from first hand experience that no man here would be able to tell a female soldier or marine from a civilian if both were dressed to the nines and dolled up.

Yeah, they roll around in humvees and shoot through traffic jams with a .50 cal too...and they have balls, yo. Standard issue, son. I turned mine in to CIF when I got out the Army.

For whatever it's worth, I never had a shortage of men interested back then.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:51 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
To be fair, there is nothing particularly sexy about a lot of daily functional work clothing that many female workers wear (UPS delivery women, Fire women, lady cops, etc you get the picture) but uh...I am quite sure that they own clothing other than their uniforms...and I know from first hand experience that no man here would be able to tell a female soldier or marine from a civilian if both were dressed to the nines and dolled up.

Yeah, they roll around in humvees and shoot through traffic jams with a .50 cal too...and they have balls, yo. Standard issue, son. I turned mine in to CIF when I got out the Army.

For whatever it's worth, I never had a shortage of men interested back then.
You have a point. I guess if the woman marine also wore the flowery prints and lace well, it wouldn't be a problem.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:54 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Agreed, I like my woman to be feminine. Camouflage and combat boots just don't cut it.
It's not as if they're trying to be sexy for you when they're on duty.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:57 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
I find Marines Beautiful, granted I am a Marine and totally appreciate a women with discipline, professionalism, self-sufficient, intelligent, physically fit, while possessing the ability to handle a weapon.

Men, we should never be intimated by women-period. Let us be thrilled to accompany women of stature.

Ohh Rahh-Marines!

Old 12-10-2013, 06:58 PM

328 posts, read 466,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
It's not as if they're trying to be sexy for you when they're on duty.
Female SMs working out while deployed in DCU bottoms and a tank top always seemed to elicit stares from the male SMs. At the end of the day, animal nature is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships