Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 02:55 AM

42 posts, read 43,782 times

Advertisements

Do not be yourself, often affects your relationships. Unfortunately, you might think to have intimacy with success, you have to ignore your own will and desires, and not express what is really on your mind. But are not you sabotaged your relationships.

Is there something you can do about it?

Develop self-awareness will allow you to understand the reasons that prevented you from being yourself in the past and realize how affected your relationships. Then you become motivated to get up the courage to be yourself becoming genuine and sincere and behave according to what feels right to you, a sense of personal autonomy and self-confidence. This allows you to develop and maintain a successful intimacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 03:04 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
People do need to be truthful to themselves and to their SO:s. It is only way to go.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:34 AM

175 posts, read 275,484 times
Yep. From a guys point of view I highly recommend you read this. Awesome book, basically advising how you have to be more confident in your self as a person for who you are a and not being afraid to express your sexual desires toward women.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:04 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,465 times
I admit, I'm typically not my true self with pretty much anyone. Why? Because they don't get me and I feel silently judged. So I have to fake it. I basically go against almost all of the assumptions made about a woman/person. And instead of accepting me, people shake their heads at me. Yes, this includes close friends, family, and people I date.

However since I found my X who was the first person to accept me and love me wholeheartedly, all my good and bad stuff, I was finally able to open up and be myself completely with him. With everyone else, I was never 100% me, ever. I'm not saying I don't stand up for what I want/believe in, but I am saying I do certain things so I will be more readily "accepted". Obviously, it does nothing for a relationship in the long term.

I'm trying to be my authentic self, but when there's only 1 or 2 people in your entire life who accept and get me, it's kinda hard. And although I don't care what people think, I do get tired of being judged.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:18 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Okay then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships