Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 10:15 PM

678 posts, read 1,064,751 times

Advertisements

A few years before I met my wife, I asked one of my former co-workers out on a date. Initially she declined, it wasn't awkward or anything and we were still very cordial to one another as it was before. Anyhow, a few months later she transferred to another department to take a different job and a few months after that I took another job elsewhere. After she transferred we didn't keep in touch. A couple years later, I came across her e-mail and sent her a message just to see how she was doing and when she responded she suggested that we get together. We went out a couple of times but there were no sparks and never talked again.

Anyhow during the first date I got a bit uncomfortable because she twice brought up the fact that she had "baby fever" and toward the end of the date she asked me to come in...twice. Both times I declined.

So two questions:

1. Has anyone ever been rejected and later went out on a date with the person that rejected you?
2. Do you think this woman might have been trying to trap me into being her "baby daddy"?

Just curious.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 10:19 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaraz View Post
2. Do you think this woman might have been trying to trap me into being her "baby daddy"?

Just curious.
Yes.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
<blink><blink>
¿
____

Old 12-15-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes.
I had a sneaking suspicion that was the case but wasn't sure if she was just being nice, it was all a bit too suspicious.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
<blink><blink>
¿
____

Old 12-15-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
<blink><blink>
¿
____
????

Old 12-21-2013, 12:33 AM

5 posts, read 7,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaraz View Post
A few years before I met my wife, I asked one of my former co-workers out on a date. Initially she declined, it wasn't awkward or anything and we were still very cordial to one another as it was before. Anyhow, a few months later she transferred to another department to take a different job and a few months after that I took another job elsewhere. After she transferred we didn't keep in touch. A couple years later, I came across her e-mail and sent her a message just to see how she was doing and when she responded she suggested that we get together. We went out a couple of times but there were no sparks and never talked again.

Anyhow during the first date I got a bit uncomfortable because she twice brought up the fact that she had "baby fever" and toward the end of the date she asked me to come in...twice. Both times I declined.

So two questions:

1. Has anyone ever been rejected and later went out on a date with the person that rejected you?

Just curious.
I have had this happen to me and usually I decline the invitation and yes she could have been settling for you because she felt that her clock was ticking. It seems pretty obvious that she wanted you to come in hoping that it would lead to more. Thank your lucky stars that you followed your heart and didn't go in.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:51 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,708 times
WTF.. Jump to conclusions much?

She rejected you because you all worked together. Then you lost contact. This isn't rocket science.

Just because a woman has baby fever does not mean she's looking to get knocked up by any ol' Joe. She was being honest in the sense that she was ready to start considering a family.

Maybe she felt there was more chemistry than there was on your side. We see threads all the time "I thought the date went well, but he never called me again!"

Who knows why she invited you in. Maybe she really just wanted to keep the night going because she was enjoying herself. Maybe she wanted to hook up. Who knows. You obviously didn't ask her.

Anyways... What's it matter? This was years ago.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
WTF.. Jump to conclusions much?

She rejected you because you all worked together. Then you lost contact. This isn't rocket science.

Just because a woman has baby fever does not mean she's looking to get knocked up by any ol' Joe. She was being honest in the sense that she was ready to start considering a family.

Maybe she felt there was more chemistry than there was on your side. We see threads all the time "I thought the date went well, but he never called me again!"

Who knows why she invited you in. Maybe she really just wanted to keep the night going because she was enjoying herself. Maybe she wanted to hook up. Who knows. You obviously didn't ask her.

Anyways... What's it matter? This was years ago.
LOL...WTF..Dramatize much, buddy?

It doesn't matter, some of us use these forums for entertainment purposes and just enjoy the interaction, so relax.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:58 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,227,437 times
That's really scary, I would rather hang out with mafia or a biker gang than a woman like that. You might get in a scuffle with a biker gang (unless your ethnic then you could end up dead) and loose whats in your pocket but a women like that can steal your future and your soul through the court system.

I trust the mafia more than I trust the govt or women that would seek such ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships