Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 08:01 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times

Advertisements

I bet the OP's tune would change if no guys wanted to touch her. Perception is reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 08:43 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I have probably known more "guys" than you, and there is no way a 90% super majority are bringing up sex at that rate. Something is wrong.

Nerds who can't get women are obsessed with sex, but they are not, typically by any observation I have made, been able to work up the nerve to sexually proposition a woman so quickly. Don't confuse urban metrosexual java programmers to be nerds. Try someone volunteering at the shelter or a robot derby and tell me you get this. My jaw would drop at any kind of sexual proposition.
Ha! I was referring to a computer engineer. Funny you knew that! Not a metrosexual, but either/or..they're the worst!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I bet the OP's tune would change if no guys wanted to touch her. Perception is reality.
Not really. But nice try anyway.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:45 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Why do men always want to talk about sex with me?

Due to the quality of guys you are dating. And they are horny bastards who in many cases are primarily interested in you only for sex.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:46 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
WTF happened to men being gentlemen, a few posts here amaze me......... like a woman should be all aflutter cause some dude wants to bang them......

Good lord... I swear people are friggin stupid......

Old 12-30-2013, 08:47 PM

39,206 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
WTF happened to men being gentlemen, a few posts here amaze me......... like a woman should be all aflutter cause some dude wants to bang them......

Seriously that tie up fun is for the honey moon. Did SOG untie you yet?

Old 12-30-2013, 08:48 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post

I'm almost 30 (now 28) and fear that I will never date again due to this instant turn-off I have. What happened to giving it some time before such matters were discussed. I really don't want to bring race into this, but I am a black woman dating primarily black men, and I'm just thinking maybe I need to date outside of my race. I mean, you never know. Maybe it will be the same, maybe it won't. I honestly think a break is in order and I'll resume dating when I am 30.

I honestly just would like some friendly conversation. Is this too much to ask?

Please don't play the race game. Black men are no different than any of the other races.

The reason why these men bring up sex is because they don't see you as wife material.

There is something INSIDE OF YOU that is giving off a sexual vibe. Has nothing to do with your clothing.

Could be a plethora of issues that are causing men looking for sex to gravitate towards you.

Remaining friends with your EX is definitely one of the contributing factors.

Inbox me and I can send you more information on what is really going on.

You definitely need to take a break from dating to get to the bottom of the issue.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:49 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raena77 View Post
seriously that tie up fun is for the honey moon. Did sog untie you yet?
lol....

Old 12-30-2013, 10:00 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Ha! I was referring to a computer engineer. Funny you knew that! Not a metrosexual, but either/or..they're the worst!

Not really. But nice try anyway.
You would be surprised what LOTS of alone time does to someone, especially when its involuntary. Unless your completely asexual it will impact you.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:09 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
I'm always a gentleman in that regard until I get fairly obvious cues from the woman she wants to go there. I think it's downright rude of any man to reference sex on a first date, or until he can tell the woman is signaling it's there.

In my humble opinion, you're not likely dating very nice men. Or men who got one thing in mind and want to get there as quickly as possible. And in all fairness some of that is associated to the age group of men you are dating. I have found tat since I'm around the age of 40 now, you bet I'm still interested in sex, but I truly value the woman more and more for other things. I take a serious interest in her interests. When I was in my twenties? Sex always seemed to be at the forefront of my mind, but even then I didn't act like these guys you're dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships