Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 02:16 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Oh it does? where is this study that men are attractive longer than women?
Who said longer? Women are extremely attractive to the opposite sex much earlier than men. The timeframe is nearly the same, just skewed to the right for men.

I can't point to a study, but if you sit back and aren't intellectually dishonest with yourself, its quite obvious.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:42 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
A big reason why older men pursue younger women is to prove to the world that they're not old. They don't want to be seen as settling, which is exactly what they worry people will think if they start dating a woman over 40. "Look at him. He couldn't land some young hot girl so he had to settle for some middle aged, slightly overweight woman." BTW, this is the same internal dialogue many men have when considering whether to date a single mom or a woman who's overweight. "Oh no. People will laugh. They'll think I was desperate because I settled for a girl with a kid or a girl who's fat." Now I'm not saying all men are like this or that this is the only reason for why they refuse to date someone. But it is a big factor. You won't get many men to admit that though. They want to play it cool and let the world think they're not worried about their image. Whenever someone says they don't worry about what others think of them, it's all I can do not to laugh.

I agree! Excellent post.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Who said longer? Women are extremely attractive to the opposite sex much earlier than men. The timeframe is nearly the same, just skewed to the right for men.

I can't point to a study, but if you sit back and aren't intellectually dishonest with yourself, its quite obvious.
Of course you can't point to a study because it doesn't exist. I have never heard of this stat that women are attracted much earlier than men. Exactly how am I being dishonest by stating that men look better longer is complete bs?

Old 01-13-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Not longer. Later. Big difference.
Still doesn't answer my question that I have never seen this study that women like men who are older because the older men look better than the older women. That's a study someone took out of their butt.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Of course you can't point to a study because it doesn't exist. I have never heard of this stat that women are attracted much earlier than men. Exactly how am I being dishonest by stating that men look better longer is complete bs?
Uh women develop earlier than men. This is fact.

Secondly I think you know that attractive men in their later thirties have more options than attractive, or ex attractive women in their thirties do. I think your bitter about it. It reeks in your every post of bitterness

Old 01-13-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Still doesn't answer my question that I have never seen this study that women like men who are older because the older men look better than the older women. That's a study someone took out of their butt.
Even if I showed you a study you'd still sit here in denial.

We don't need a study for common sense.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:56 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:

Secondly I think you know that attractive men in their later thirties have more options than attractive, or ex attractive women in their thirties do. I think your bitter about it. It reeks in your every post of bitterness
I agree with you that women are attractive at a younger age and men peak a little older, but I think the 10 year gap is huge exaggeration. This poll agrees.

Quote:

The study of 2,000 people across the United States found women were considered to have reached their peak at 30, start to show signs of ageing at 41, stop looking "sexy" at 53, and are "old" at 55.

Men looked their best at 34, start to show signs of ageing at 43, stop looking good at 58, and are "old" at 59.

Women at their 'most attractive' at 30, men at 34, survey says - Telegraph

Old 01-13-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Once again where are your sources for this "fact" that men have more options? Bitter (and btw it's you're bitter not your)? not at all, just tired of seeing this lie that men keep saying without sources.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:59 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Again, not longer. Later.

If you truly feel you can be honest with yourself about this, here's a thought experiment. At what age do you think the "average" man is most attractive? You don't have to answer here, but just think it to yourself. Pick a single number....it's an average, after all. None of this "it depends" business. Of course it varies from person to person. Come up with an average in your head.

Got it?

Now consider that it's higher than the number that I, or likely "most" men would pick as their number for the age that women are the most attractive. Sure, it's possible that it isn't. But it's very likely.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Once again where are your sources for this "fact" that men have more options? Bitter (and btw it's you're bitter not your)? not at all, just tired of seeing this lie that men keep saying without sources.
Grammar corrections are the sign of lacking a real argument, thank you though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships