Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 10:31 PM

148 posts, read 292,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is interesting. There was a thread just days ago where men complained that women in their 20's were TOO demanding, and expected their dates to spend a lot of money on them and buy them expensive gifts, but that women in their 30's were less demanding, since they were more established in their careers, and made their own money.

You can't predict how well anyone is going to retain their looks. Some women in their late 20's already look like they're approaching 40, while some 40-somethings still look like college students. It's totally unpredictable.
Who are these women that "demand" gifts? I've never demanded anything (although I certainly like presents) and I don't have any female friends that do either.

And about how to predict if someone will retain their looks, one major factor is lifestyle. If they go to the bars all the time and eat bad food and don't exercise and tan, chances are they won't look that great later on. If they love working out and eat good food, chances are they care enough about themselves to avoid letting their looks go.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:50 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post
Who are these women that "demand" gifts? I've never demanded anything (although I certainly like presents) and I don't have any female friends that do either.

And about how to predict if someone will retain their looks, one major factor is lifestyle. If they go to the bars all the time and eat bad food and don't exercise and tan, chances are they won't look that great later on. If they love working out and eat good food, chances are they care enough about themselves to avoid letting their looks go.
Exactly. If they avoid the sun, don't smoke and rarely drink, go to the gym regularly and eat healthfully, they'll do well.

I think those scads of 20-somethings that demand gifts and extravagant dates exist mainly in the C-D mythosphere.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:24 PM

543 posts, read 534,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I'm not your sweetheart but nope it's because many men want to control women. Men who truly want a relationship look toward women around their age, otherwise we would see far more age gaps. Likewise younger men are hotter too, but so what? If older men are such in demand why have I seen the same ones on dating sites for years? going by the logic that older men are wanted surely they would have found someone by now?
Right. Because every man out there who dates a woman younger than he is a domineering control freak.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:27 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Right. Because every man out there who dates a woman younger than he is a domineering control freak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontdateyou;
I'm not your sweetheart but nope it's because many men want to control women.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Why can't people just be with who they want to be, without some busy body judging them? Older men...younger women...older women...younger men...both the same damn age...who cares. As long as they are happy with each other it's really nobody's business is it?
This country has a serious problem with busybodies nosing into other people's business. It affects everything from relationships to politics.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I tend to take IDDY's posts as some sort of huge manbashing fest in which every man online is nothing but a divorced fat slob with a few illegitimate children in tow trying for supermodels.

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I see. So your boyfriend ended up with you by accident? I'm not sure I'd admit that if I were you. I'd at least pretend he was seeking you out.
No it wasn't an accident. She was after that guy for almost a year before he tired enough for her to bring him down.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

326 posts, read 478,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
This country has a serious problem with busybodies nosing into other people's business. It affects everything from relationships to politics.
Unfortunately, this is true.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:43 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
You are missing my point.
No, I got your point the first time I saw you have this discussion, which was about 40 times ago. I just happen to believe, as do others, that your point is very, very wrong, and hilariously hypocritical given your personal life.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:44 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:
Exactly. If they avoid the sun, don't smoke and rarely drink, go to the gym regularly and eat healthfully, they'll do well.
Those things certainly don't hurt, but good genetics help significantly more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships