Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 02:57 PM

543 posts, read 534,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Correct. There's no reasoning involve in desiring a woman, not as women can do. There's no thought like "I want to dominate her more fully than an older woman." It's simply a matter of looks, sexual attraction at first, then how we get along after that first phase.
How is it so hard for some people to get this? I don't buy for a second the "control" excuse. It's a simple issue of looks. Sure there are some women here who will argue until they're blue in the face that they are or know other women who "blossomed" in their forties or fifties. And you know what good for them. But the fact remains that most 20 year old women are worlds away more good looking than their 50 year old counterparts.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:57 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times
It's nature's revenge I tell ya! Us guys get rejected in our 20;s 30's by women and women jump from man to man to man on a whims notice, cause they're young pretty and they can. As they age, about 35-40, they realize they are less desired and look back at all the opportunities they let go and FREAK OUT! Many women about this point finally learn how to be genuine, nice and desire a good guy.

SO WITH THAT SAID! As a guy who has dated through his teens, twenties, thirties and now fouties, I prefer women my age. WHY? I can attract younger women, and I mean college age girls come on to me all the time. Well, cause I don't relate and I have found that women who have gone through the cycle I spelled out above are nice, giving and often genuine.

Most men go for women much younger just for the beauty, young sex. Cause speaking from experience, there is no way a guy in his 40's can relate intellectually with a girl in her twenties. I'm 40, but in super great shape, look good, full set of hair, look very young and I attract women in their twenties all the time, but I've never once acted on it. Also has something to do with having a daughter. I find it corrupt and kinda sick, to be honest.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:59 PM

157 posts, read 253,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I think this is the main reason, for what it's worth.

Sure, there are people who just fall in love... and those who really want to try to have a family... but, more often than not, I think the perception of age thing is the biggie.

How often do you see a man who already had a family and raised a family go right on out and create another family with someone much younger? And I don't think they do it because they really want to have that many kids.

Being with someone much younger makes them feel like they're the same age or something.

Eh.

I think unless you are Donald Trump, or some other filthy rich dudes who ONLY date younger women, or young girls who ONLY date older men, then there are NO specific reasons at all. You just date who you date. For my friends who married older or younger, they did not set age as a criteria. They dated different people, but somehow, they ended up with the younger/older one. And I have friends who dated young but wanted no kids.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:09 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
An annoying thing I've noticed more often lately: men in their 40's, 50's, 60's prefer to date much younger women. Isn't it weird dating someone who could be your daughter? It just strikes me
As kind of selfish.
Probably the result of OLD, where it's easier for men to shop for younger women. There was always that tendency, but maybe OLD makes it a lot easier?

Old 01-04-2014, 03:10 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Well if that's the case then maybe the older men like to date the younger women because they like to dominate in the relationship.
There's definitely something to this. Maybe not in all those relationships, but in some of them.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
How is it selfish? Maybe they never married and had kids, and want to raise a family (and can afford to do so)?
Maybe the younger women like feeling that they are taken care of? Maybe they like the stability of a man who has a solid career and a place that he owns and a car that he has paid off?
Then what about the women who are never married or had kids should they have to settle with the losers because the quality men their age are dating younger? If I become single again I don't want to date a man with kids because the childless men my age are going for the younger women.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
How is it so hard for some people to get this? I don't buy for a second the "control" excuse. It's a simple issue of looks. Sure there are some women here who will argue until they're blue in the face that they are or know other women who "blossomed" in their forties or fifties. And you know what good for them. But the fact remains that most 20 year old women are worlds away more good looking than their 50 year old counterparts.
Same thing with younger versus older men. Older men are usually not as attractive as younger men.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:45 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
I think unless you are Donald Trump, or some other filthy rich dudes who ONLY date younger women, or young girls who ONLY date older men, then there are NO specific reasons at all. You just date who you date. For my friends who married older or younger, they did not set age as a criteria. They dated different people, but somehow, they ended up with the younger/older one. And I have friends who dated young but wanted no kids.
Hey... I'm not judging. My husband is more than 10 years younger than me.

I do agree that for some, age really is irrelevant. But, by and large, I have to think that a 50+ year old (man or woman) who is dating a 21yo has GOT to know that they aren't going to have much in common, more than likely.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
If they're perusing him just because he has money, then yes.
Yeah but those guys will claim the samething.

They're not being shallow because Older women have too many demands and are high maintence Blah blah blah

Old 01-04-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Probably the result of OLD, where it's easier for men to shop for younger women. There was always that tendency, but maybe OLD makes it a lot easier?
I think that OLD has made some men (probably some women too)delusional about what they could get. In the past most people met others within their social group that tended to be around the same age. With OLD there has become this idea that people are shopping for what they they fantasize about, even if it's unrealistic. Most of the men who contacted me on dating sites were much older than me and I rejected them. Some of them years later are still on dating sites and some are still crying why can't they find someone? they could if they looked for women around their age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships