Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:46 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,381,530 times

Advertisements

Tell me what an idiot I was for believing that this one would be different.

Two + years together.

He gave me the "sad face" and told me how hard it would be to get over this, blah, blah. He even let me hold out hope. Only a week ago, he took me out to the movies, and I thought maybe we could start again.

I can't even think about dating again.

Just please. Tell me how dumb I am for trusting him. My heart is broken all over again ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 07:47 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
This is how people move on. It helps with coping.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:53 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Whatever he does at this point with dating will more than likely be a rebound situation.

Question is - how do you know he was on match.com? If you are stalking his cyber activities and social media then you had distrust issues long before this.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:56 PM

I just had a hunch he was back on Match.com. I really don't know how to explain it.

There was some weird interaction going on recently with him, and when he took me out, I noticed that he was really happy. Or at least he seemed that way.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:59 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post

Two + years together.

He gave me the "sad face" and told me how hard it would be to get over this, blah, blah. He even let me hold out hope. Only a week ago, he took me out to the movies, and I thought maybe we could start again.

Just please. Tell me how dumb I am for trusting him. My heart is broken all over again ...
Quit being so dramatic. It's not attractive.

You got burned. **** happens. Move on. Live your life. Stop cyber stalking the guy. Etc.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:02 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
I just had a hunch he was back on Match.com. I really don't know how to explain it.

There was some weird interaction going on recently with him, and when he took me out, I noticed that he was really happy. Or at least he seemed that way.
He's moving on. Good for him. You should do it, too.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:06 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
They say the best way to get over one, is to get under another.

I know it hurts, but when people break up, they start dating. Sometimes it's to have something to do and keep your mind occupied on something else, sometimes it's because they want to date someone new, or whatever.

You guys broke up, he has done nothing wrong besides not mourning for the amount of time you would like.

Call your girlfriends and talk stink about him over a bottle of wine.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-06-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You guys broke up, he has done nothing wrong besides not mourning for the amount of time you would like.

Call your girlfriends and talk stink about him over a bottle of wine.
You bet I'm gonna ...

It's the lies and deceit that bother me the most. He had no business trying to see me, knowing that he was trying to see other women. That's what stings, that he gave me false hope.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:15 PM

42 posts, read 66,841 times
Quote:

Two + years together.

Umm…unless you were on Match.com looking for yourself or you are stalking him, how did you even know that he WAS online dating again?

Old 01-06-2014, 08:19 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
You bet I'm gonna ...

It's the lies and deceit that bother me the most. He had no business trying to see me, knowing that he was trying to see other women. That's what stings, that he gave me false hope.
I'm sorry, but I don't see where he lied and deceived you. He didn't GIVE you false hope that is something you gave yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships