Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 10:07 PM

36 posts, read 108,151 times

Advertisements

A few months ago I dated this guy for about 3-4 weeks. We got along well, had insane chemistry, etc, but were both really busy and it just didn't work out. He recently contacted me again and we had a date last week that I thought went very well, and another today.

So first today he told me he is not seeing anyone else and is only seeing me and would like to keep it that way for a long time. I was honest with him and told him that I am not seeing anyone else either, but have been talking to another guy. I met the other guy online and we talk on the phone and text quite a lot, we havent met yet but have a date planned for this Sunday.

Later in the day, he said something about his last girlfriend that did xyz, and referring to me doing the same thing. Then later after that he said something to me calling himself my boyfriend. I was caught off guard at the tiime and didnt think to say anything, by the time I did I felt like it would have been making a really big deal to say something hours later.

We've still only been on 2 dates this time around. But if you were this guy, would you want me to stop talking to the other guy? He's so sweet and non controlling that I know he probably would never ask that of me. Or is it early enough yet that it's ok im talking to someone else? I really really like him and would love to be his girlfriend...but at the same time I like talking to the other guy and want to meet him. He texts me a lot and talks to me often, about everything. The guy I'm currently seeing doesn't, i have a great time with him but he rarely talks to me on days i dont see him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 10:08 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
So is this the guy who wanted to take you to a cheap motel, or the one who asked if your two kids were by different dads?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:15 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,608 times
You had better make a big deal out of it now as opposed to later. He sounds to presume a lot. My 2 cents, set some boundaries, or he is going to make things more uncomfortable for you.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:15 PM

Lol...neither! I was dating him before either of them, the first time. He's truly a quality guy.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Why don't you just let life happen and quit worrying about putting a label on whatever it is you don't have currently with either guy.
Life is so much simpler without all the dramatic complications that are so unnecessary.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why don't you just let life happen and quit worrying about putting a label on whatever it is you don't have currently with either guy.
Life is so much simpler without all the dramatic complications that are so unnecessary.
Because I really like him and dont want to hurt him. Ive never dated more than one person at once, this is brand new for me. I know he wont tell me even of he does want me to stop talking to the other guy, that's why I asked if you were this guyvwould you be ok with it since it's still vety early, or would you want me to stop talking to the other guy?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:30 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredHope View Post
Because I really like him and dont want to hurt him. Ive never dated more than one person at once, this is brand new for me. I know he wont tell me even of he does want me to stop talking to the other guy, that's why I asked if you were this guyvwould you be ok with it since it's still vety early, or would you want me to stop talking to the other guy?
If you dont want to be the guys gf yet, then next time he uses such lingo, just be honest and say, "I'm not ready for that." if you arent.

This is messy, I dont personally like it when someone claims to be my s/o without having had that conversation yet.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:07 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
you don't have to be anything. You both say what you want and if you agree you're good, if you disagree you may be able to come to a compromise, or maybe not.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
No, but you also need to say something to him to let him know that he at least needed to ASK you to be his girlfriend and give you the choice, not just assume that you are his girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships