Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 03:42 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times

Advertisements

When she started growing a beard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 03:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm Mexican and have no idea why I'm always out celebrating Cinco de Mayo. I have more knowledge in Italian/French/English history than I do American.

If it's a deal breaker for you then it's a deal breaker.
I agree with you, my son has multiple nationalities he doesn't know the history of each one. It's a rather broad assumption to assume this.

Yes a person can search this info at at a drop of a hat but what if she didn't care.

Now I understand the Op mad that she doesn't work, however does she need too? Does she come from money? My sister' s friend is like this but daddy got the dough.

But if she isn't getting help and depending on you mainly, yes I'd bail.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:35 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
I would say it's more of a series of consecutive feelings that you no longer want to be with or having anything to do with a person. It's more or less a way to reassure that after you break it off you will move on quickly without looking back.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:48 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Well that doesn't make sense whatsoever. Someone who is friendly that you get along with well can seem nice and like a potential person you'd want to go out with. It's why they call it a process if getting to know someone
Friendly and get along with? Yeah, no. I'm a picky b*tch. My "basic" list or criteria is quite long. I stopped going out with "nice" people that I simply get along with. It was a waste of time. I needed stricter standards and criteria.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:56 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,732 times
I get this in a 5 minute conversation. If you don't pass that, any meal will continually be 'Dutch' and no night will end at anyone's house. That friend will never be lover. Better screening, broader questions, you just skim the surface and stuff pops out. This is much of the reason why I am currently single. No use putting it out there if they pickings are that sub-par.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:58 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I wouldn't call it quirky.

1970's called, they want their green polyester suit back.
He has no fashion sense....I would've worn this jacket with it.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,381,530 times
I went out with a guy once. Lots of chemistry. Then we went to a restaurant, and he was horrid to the waitstaff. And I mean, just downright rude. We had an entire night planned (clubs, hotel piano bar, etc.), so I had to watch this man be really nasty to just about every service industry worker we encountered. It was like he thought he was better than them and wanted to rub their noses in it. Um, bye. I used to be a waitress, and I dealt with plenty of idiots like him.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:17 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,021,045 times
I called it quits on a guy today. Been talking to him on/off for a few weeks and have had more dating drama come out of his written words than I think a high school teenie-bop campaigning for most popular girl in school award could create. OMG ... So, after about 2 week of his constant "woe is me" drama, all either by email or text message .. I just dropped contact altogether about 3 days ago. The very last conversation we had was discussing if he was serious about actually meeting in person for coffee that he never finalized plans for, but later that day was online on a mutual website posting drama about how women just don't appreciate "good men" these days and how he's giving up because women are such evil creatures.

... And then he sent me an email today... wanting to know why I "unfriended" him and wasn't talking to him anymore.

I haven't even met the man in person because he couldn't commit to a simple coffee date.

My response? Delete.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
I called it quits on a guy today. Been talking to him on/off for a few weeks and have had more dating drama come out of his written words than I think a high school teenie-bop campaigning for most popular girl in school award could create. OMG ... So, after about 2 week of his constant "woe is me" drama, all either by email or text message .. I just dropped contact altogether about 3 days ago. The very last conversation we had was discussing if he was serious about actually meeting in person for coffee that he never finalized plans for, but later that day was online on a mutual website posting drama about how women just don't appreciate "good men" these days and how he's giving up because women are such evil creatures.

... And then he sent me an email today... wanting to know why I "unfriended" him and wasn't talking to him anymore.

I haven't even met the man in person because he couldn't commit to a simple coffee date.

My response? Delete.
Good for you! You need someone better. What a wussy man.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:29 PM

769 posts, read 977,081 times
Looking from a high level down. You are just in a different place in your life compared to her. She is perfectly happy to live at home until she finds a guy to take care of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships