Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 07:00 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Isn't there a minimum entry point, perhaps around $40K?
No. There's no way for anyone on a dating site to know how much money you make, anyway, unless you tell them or you have an occupation that screams "poor."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 08:01 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Yep, that about summed it up well. The amount of azzhats can be amazing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-14-2014, 08:02 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times
I think most men would trade with women, only because the prospect of easy NSA sex is tempting. Ultimately, it's probably easier to have lots of options, even if they are s****y, than to have no options at all.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:30 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yeah, so? Perhaps women should ignore those guys and look for the men who are actually interested in who they are as a person and not what their figure looks like naked in 24 hours or less.

I do not do these things. I've written some well thought out messages and I've also written the I'm interested in getting to know you message. I get nothing, absolutely nothing.

Honestly, women are there own worst enemy.
You completely missed the points to all of this.

First, the sheer volume can be overwhelming. That's not a woman's fault.

Second, as the fellow learned, some guys can't wait five minutes for a reply and start pelting a woman with messages asking why she's not responding. That's not a woman's fault, either.

Third, as the fellow learned, there were PLENTY of men who initially presented themselves as interested in the person, and once they had the "woman's" attention, then they launched into the sexual commentary. They used the ol' bait-and-switch. That is not a woman's fault, either.

Nope, Ngroh hit the nail on the head:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
That's sad, and it sheds light on why many solid guys have little success in online dating. This definitely changes my perspective, though, from being a little frustrated at women for getting almost zero responses, to being frustrated at sex-starved guys making it almost impossible for a sincere guy to contact women and get a response.
Yep. Some women will get more than 100 emails a day to their profiles when they first sign up. That's a LOT to weed through. That's why I was kind of merciless in deleting messages. Maybe there were some good guys in there who just happened to see me "online now" and thought they'd send a quick "hi, how are you" figuring to catch me while I was there, but I had no way of telling them from the dolts who just sent that to every woman on there.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:36 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I think most men would trade with women, only because the prospect of easy NSA sex is tempting. Ultimately, it's probably easier to have lots of options, even if they are s****y, than to have no options at all.
Been here before, and after a while, those options get boring as well. Even though they are options, they are ****ty options. They are usually only around to cure boredom. When you realize that, you tend to realize how unfulfilling they are for you and how you are for them. It's easy to end up in a wash, rinse, repeat situation.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Sorry. That doesn't elicit any sympathy.

You could just ignore the crude messages.

Are women saying they would rather a) have nobody attracted to them physically their whole life than b) get 50 crude messages from unattractive men who are attracted to them.

Even if 50 fat, ugly women were sending inappropriate messages to me, it's still better than a).

Oh. You're saying you want it all? You want to be made to feel attractive only by attractive men who are also polite. I see.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:04 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

Are women saying they would rather a) have nobody attracted to them physically their whole life than b) get 50 crude messages from unattractive men who are attracted to them.

Even if 50 fat, ugly women were sending inappropriate messages to me, it's still better than a).

Oh. You're saying you want it all? You want to be made to feel attractive only by attractive men who are also polite. I see.

Why yes, yes we do.

But I would rather have the crude ones than the pseudo nice guys. They are the worst!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-14-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Why yes, yes we do.

But I would rather have the crude ones than the pseudo nice guys. They are the worst!
I'm aware some men get that kind of attention too.

Never take being able to attract for granted.

People should know as much reading these forums.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

I rarely received messages while doing OLD and yes, I'd choose getting my low reply/interest number over getting a bunch of inappropriate messages absolutely anytime. It has nothing to do with feeling attractive because those men messaging those women DON'T CARE, they just want a warm hole and any old one will do. How is that in any way flattering?

Old 01-14-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I rarely received messages while doing OLD and yes, I'd choose getting my low reply/interest number over getting a bunch of inappropriate messages absolutely anytime. It has nothing to do with feeling attractive because those men messaging those women DON'T CARE, they just want a warm hole and any old one will do. How is that in any way flattering?
You overestimate what men will sleep with.

Will all men sleep with a 95 year old grandmother, a 600 pound lady?

If they messaged you, then they were attracted to you. Yea, that should be flattering to you. I think you just didn't think those men were attractive.

If some ugly woman (I really don't think any women are ugly, but just say) told me I was cute, yea it's flattering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships