Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 07:28 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,424,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's funny how irate women become when men jilt them. (You coward! You whiny non-man!)
do you think that telling a girl you need time apart and time to think and that you'll talk after the weekend..but not straight up telling her is over is not cowardly??

If he wanted to break up with me, fine, I would have been sad and that's his perogative, and I wouldn't be feeling this angry..but be a man and grow a pair! now he's gone and pissed me off instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:32 PM

678 posts, read 1,068,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
he's attractive enough but he was much hotter in his 20's..from pics I've seen (has about 20 extra lbs on him now). He said he always had good jobs and made good money back then. Said he was always getting chicks and decided when he was 28, that he was done and wanted relationships. His history is with bat sh*t crazy women..I'm talking mental illnesses with multiple babies dads, drugs, alcohol. you name it. I have none of those issues. I'm just a normal girl that wants a commitment. His family loves me and spoiled me rotten on xmas even though its not my holiday (I'm jewish).
There's the issue, why are you getting serious with a guy that has this history? He obviously likes drama and creates it or finds it. He's not normal (at this point) and he's not going to have a normal relationship or date someone who's normal (i.e. no drama, head on straight, etc...). I'm sure you'll find a bunch of red flags when you look back on the time you dated, now just make sure that you're on the look out for those for the next person you date, if you start to see them again...leave. He very well might want a relationship but he sounds emotionally immature so when he starts to like someone or it starts to get serious, he bails.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:34 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,454,329 times
Quote:
Aren't you that guy that has never had a g/f?

lol no you obviously have me confused with someone else

Quote:
This isn't one bad experience dude.
How many is it then?

Old 01-14-2014, 07:34 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,317,451 times
I've had the opposite issue.

Men dying to make a big commitment and me running for the hills.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaraz View Post
There's the issue, why are you getting serious with a guy that has this history? He obviously likes drama and creates it or finds it. He's not normal (at this point) and he's not going to have a normal relationship or date someone who's normal (i.e. no drama, head on straight, etc...). I'm sure you'll find a bunch of red flags when you look back on the time you dated, now just make sure that you're on the look out for those for the next person you date, if you start to see them again...leave. He very well might want a relationship but he sounds emotionally immature so when he starts to like someone or it starts to get serious, he bails.
Thank you. you're the only one that understands exactly what I'm upset about. and yes...I should have ran but he sounded like he was genuinely trying to go down a better path with someone like me. so I gave him a chance. I've told him that I've generally dated pretty good guys. He always talked about how classy I am, what a good woman I am, and how happy I made him. So his dumping me (I'm purely assuming at this point since like I've said..he hasn't told me yet) cause I broke down...makes NO sense, other than of course, what you said.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I've had the opposite issue.

Men dying to make a big commitment and me running for the hills.
Wanna trade?

Old 01-14-2014, 07:38 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,317,451 times
Quote:
Wanna trade?
Sure, you can have them. I have no need for them.

Idk what it is about me, men who want babies and marriage have begun flocking to me.

The phenomenon is disturbing.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
lol no you obviously have me confused with someone else

How many is it then?
Maybe I do have you confused. My bad. i'm not on here much anymore.

I've mostly had positive experiences. but I've had maybe 3 bad ones.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Sure, you can have them. I have no need for them.

Idk what it is about me, men who want babies and marriage have begun flocking to me.

The phenomenon is disturbing.
haha..send them to Phoenix!

Old 01-14-2014, 07:39 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,222,736 times
I may have missed it, but how long has it been since this conversation? Go with your instincts, but we don't know if this guy is actually "ghosting" or if he's just following through with his "taking time apart" thing. I wouldn't ignore calls and texts, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's just going to ignore the OP for the rest of his life.

I know people have different views on what constitutes a long and short term relationship, but five months is still enough time to have some major feelings and, if the guy is actually ending the relationship with the slow fade, that's not right. He should know the OP well enough to know that it's not the right thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships