Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:27 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,039,263 times

Advertisements

PMS isn't an excuse for poor behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 08:33 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,424,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
What were you crying about exactly? And what do you mean by "when things get real?" Were you trying to get him to be exclusive with you? Was he emotional at all during this conversation or was he caught off guard?

If he's not ready to commit, he probably did you a favor. I know it hurts now, but it's better in the long run to hear it from now than even further down the road. He might not be ready to break up at all, but it's not a bad idea for you to move on given what you've told us here.

He said he's not a game player but it sounds like he was addicted to the drama in his past relationships.
Things got real, as in serious. I felt that he was not fully committed to me..that he was half way in (based on thigns he's done/not done) and sort of acting like a bachelor. I would have been able to be a lot more rational if I wasn't pmsing lol (like I said, happens to the best of us) and I would have talked it out, instead of crying about it. I told him he seemed a little different and less interested than before. He didn't agree with me.

We are exclusive. Been exclusive for about 3-4 months now (no specific date) but I've known him 5 months. You're right, he may not be ready to break up at all, but he's acting like it. If he really wants to be with me after this behavior i'm seeing, then we need to have a very serious talk about how blowing me off for a week is not ok when things start to get a little challenging. We'll see if he can prove that, if not, I'm done. I realize I probably did catch him off guard but there should have been more communication about what's going on. I fully understand that there are things I need to work on (even yes, my communication skills) but that's the thing, if 2 people really want to be together, you work through things together.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I got snappy at him..do you never get snappy when you're hurt? I swear you people must be angels who never make mistakes.

Also, I apologized to him.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Maybe he'll learn a lesson and let himself go and get his life in shambles, a few lousy long term girlfriends to avoid the red flag thing.

His life kind of is in shambles already..from before he met me and I'm sticking by him, supporting him anyways.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,981,134 times
Quote:
Yes it is, what you want to be known as a b*tch? Lol

Old 01-14-2014, 08:59 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,039,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I got snappy at him..do you never get snappy when you're hurt? I swear you people must be angels who never make mistakes.

Also, I apologized to him.
Sure, I do. The difference is that I never blame pms for my actions.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Sure, I do. The difference is that I never blame pms for my actions.
Not necessarily blaming it on pms..just saying its a reason..hence why I apologized to him. I'm human. I was hurt and because of pms, everything I was already feeling was exacerbated. do I really need to explain how this works?

I've forgiven him for his mistakes. I don't know if we'll make it past this one though so now I'm venting.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:13 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,613,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
No I wouldn't but here's the thing: most of the time, once a man is married, he's not bailing unless there is something really messed up going on. Women initiate most divorces. All the divorced men I've met over the years, with the exception of one (who was bat sh*t crazy) did not want their divorces.
Date divorced dudes, then. Do whatever works for you. Personally I'd rather be with someone who hasn't found the person they want to marry yet than someone who has tried and failed, but that's just me.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:15 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,613,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoathere View Post
The good ones, both male and female, aren't settling down in their 20s. They're finishing grad school and concentrating on their careers.
Exactly. And on having fun while they still can.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 PM

111 posts, read 125,464 times
I don't think he was ready to make a commitment yet and then you did your bat **** crazy crying act on him. Then he realized how close he was to this:

Whitney Mongiat's temper-tantrum turns into viral video spat

Although the girl in the video was probably suffering PMS as well, so that's ok, isn't it?

At 35 he is old enough to look at the above behavior and not dismiss it because of his raging hormones like a 20 year old guy would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships