Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 01:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times

Advertisements

I keep reading through these threads and am disgusted. I thought this was 2014 not sometime in the past but you wouldn't know it by some of these threads. I mean really not marrying a woman who can't cook while he can't cook either? why not both cook? Women who apparently look for men with money because they don't want to work (mostly mentioned by men). Women shouldn't do the pursuing?

Get in the present. In this day and age both men and women should know how to cook and fix a tire. In this day and age both people usually work. In this day and age women should have their own careers and aren't looking for a man to support her, unless it's mutually agreed by both people that someone stays home (which is a choice).

Then we wonder why so many here can't find dates. When I did online dating I found so many men who asked me my cooking and cleaning skills because they expected the wife to do most of those chores as to them it was "women's" work. Sounded like they were looking for a maid. I work so I expect to share chores. So many men would brag about their salary thinking it would impress me. Sorry but I don't care what a man makes. Sure, income is important but only because I worked hard on my career and don't want a man to take it away or expect me to support him.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:04 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I keep reading through these threads and am disgusted. I thought this was 2014 not sometime in the past but you wouldn't know it by some of these threads. I mean really not marrying a woman who can't cook while he can't cook either? why not both cook? Women who apparently look for men with money because they don't want to work (mostly mentioned by men). Women shouldn't do the pursuing?

Get in the present. In this day and age both men and women should know how to cook and fix a tire. In this day and age both people usually work. In this day and age women should have their own careers and aren't looking for a man to support her, unless it's mutually agreed by both people that someone stays home (which is a choice).

Then we wonder why so many here can't find dates. When I did online dating I found so many men who asked me my cooking and cleaning skills because they expected the wife to do most of those chores as to them it was "women's" work. Sounded like they were looking for a maid. I work so I expect to share chores. So many men would brag about their salary thinking it would impress me. Sorry but I don't care what a man makes. Sure, income is important but only because I worked hard on my career and don't want a man to take it away or expect me to support him.

There's idiots everywhere. Just like women who still think a guy should support them.

Look at the female posters on here who think it's the man's job to be the "provider" and never pay for a date. It goes both ways.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
There's idiots everywhere. Just like women who still think a guy should support them.

Look at the female posters on here who think it's the man's job to be the "provider" and never pay for a date. It goes both ways.
Well women that feel that way are idiots too. I haven't seen that many female posters who feel that way but maybe they are posters I avoid. I do think it can go both ways and it frustrates me to see people stuck in this mentality of gender roles.

I forgot to mention all the "older women are ugly" threads are also offensive. Why certain topics can not be allowed (and rightfully so)but yet many people (mostly men but a few women)are allowed to spout this hate is something I don't get.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:26 PM

537 posts, read 1,243,952 times
It's pretty easy to dissociate yourself from people who don't agree with your perspective. Just because it is now 2014, that doesn't automatically eliminate people from being stupid... or really, who they are.

Some people want to be taken care of. What's amazing is that there are people in the world who want to take care of others.

Some people want someone to cook and clean for them. And for those people, there are folks who will gladly do that either out of love or desperation. Who am I to know? And for that matter, who am I to care?

Part of being in the world is being around people who you really don't agree with. Honestly, I embrace people with different thoughts than I do, because that challenges me to really understand why I think the way I do. I am thankful for people who have different opinions, no matter how whacky I think they are.

Maybe you should realize people have different thoughts and beliefs. After all, it is 2014.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:27 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Cheer up, you're taking this place too seriously.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,620,323 times
Yeah, I have to agree. I was quite taken aback by the amount of woman-bashing on this site, probably by men who have been burned in the past and how hold a grudge against womankind. They portray themselves as fair, but it's pretty obvious when every single one of their posts takes the man's side above all else and complain about things some women do.

TL;DR If you're going to call out bs, make sure you're not one-sided about it.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Yeah, I have to agree. I was quite taken aback by the amount of woman-bashing on this site, probably by men who have been burned in the past and how hold a grudge against womankind. They portray themselves as fair, but it's pretty obvious when every single one of their posts takes the man's side above all else and complain about things some women do.

TL;DR If you're going to call out bs, make sure you're not one-sided about it.
That's what bothered me. I know there has been man bashing as well, which is wrong but it is far more women bashing and believing things that aren't true. I see a lot of men have been burnt but not all women are like they think all are.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:35 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
The last several months the forum has been overrun by a bunch of younger guys that appear to have been burned pretty badly in their relationships........ I guess, I don't know what else to think.

There has definitely by much more hostility from the men toward the women as of late.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithwords View Post
It's pretty easy to dissociate yourself from people who don't agree with your perspective. Just because it is now 2014, that doesn't automatically eliminate people from being stupid... or really, who they are.

Some people want to be taken care of. What's amazing is that there are people in the world who want to take care of others.

Some people want someone to cook and clean for them. And for those people, there are folks who will gladly do that either out of love or desperation. Who am I to know? And for that matter, who am I to care?

Part of being in the world is being around people who you really don't agree with. Honestly, I embrace people with different thoughts than I do, because that challenges me to really understand why I think the way I do. I am thankful for people who have different opinions, no matter how whacky I think they are.

Maybe you should realize people have different thoughts and beliefs. After all, it is 2014.
Having different views is NOT the point, believing those views as fact is the problem.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:48 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That's what bothered me. I know there has been man bashing as well, which is wrong but it is far more women bashing and believing things that aren't true. I see a lot of men have been burnt but not all women are like they think all are.
It's the same. You just notice the woman bashing more. Just like I notice the man bashing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships