Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 04:27 PM

422 posts, read 447,636 times

Advertisements

As a woman, how do you counteract their meanness/*******ness towards you when they realize you are the only female in the office who is less than impressed and will not go along with their antics? When they realize that you are ACTUALLY NOT attracted to them and are not capable of being whipped into a frenzy to the point where you are ready to jump their bones like the other gals???

Oh! I really need help with this because it has gotten me in trouble in the past. I have been on sheeit lists and lost positions behind it. I am a very serious character and I jdgaf about stroking a man's ego (or anyone's for that matter) and 99.9% of the time, refuse to allow myself to be charmed. My stance is I go to work to work and not to make you feel good about yourself. It's a little unsettling that these types always seem to find their way towards me. I've tried keeping my distance but it seems that only makes them more aggressive.

I'm getting tired of this and I need some advice. I notice when I do give them the time of day (small talk usually related to work) they act like they can't be bothered, lol. It's like a vicious cycle and I'm tired of being sucked in. There's one in the office now who I think has just given up altogether but has put me on his ignore list. Why are people like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 04:34 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post
As a woman, how do you counteract their meanness/*******ness towards you when they realize you are the only female in the office who is less than impressed and will not go along with their antics? When they realize that you are ACTUALLY NOT attracted to them and are not capable of being whipped into a frenzy to the point where you are ready to jump their bones like the other gals???

Oh! I really need help with this because it has gotten me in trouble in the past. I have been on sheeit lists and lost positions behind it. I am a very serious character and I jdgaf about stroking a man's ego (or anyone's for that matter) and 99.9% of the time, refuse to allow myself to be charmed. My stance is I go to work to work and not to make you feel good about yourself. It's a little unsettling that these types always seem to find their way towards me. I've tried keeping my distance but it seems that only makes them more aggressive.

I'm getting tired of this and I need some advice. I notice when I do give them the time of day (small talk usually related to work) they act like they can't be bothered, lol. It's like a vicious cycle and I'm tired of being sucked in. There's one in the office now who I think has just given up altogether but has put me on his ignore list. Why are people like this?
Yea, I don't know.

Hot men are used to getting what they want because all of the women drool over them. Good Question.

I love this thread. Haha.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:37 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
People suck, that's why I generally refer working without others and their annoyances.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:42 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
He put you on his ignore list probably because he likes you and he realizes you do not like him back.

The only way to get off of his ignore list is to become friends with him. Do you have a bf? It would probably make things easier if you did.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Yea, I don't know.

Good Question. I love this thread. Haha.

Thanks! And I hope we get some good advice because I am stumped.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
People suck, that's why I generally refer working without others and their annoyances.

Tell me about it.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:47 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post

You are already on the ignore list so what is the issue?
If you are being ignored there is no ego to stroke or anything else for that matter.

My question is why you are like this? I've worked with mainly men a lot and it has never been an issue for me. I go in, do my job, stay out of office politics and gossip and go home.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
He put you on his ignore list probably because he likes you and he realizes you do not like him back.

The only way to get off of his ignore list is to become friends with him. Do you have a bf? It would probably make things easier if you did.

I try my best to best to be polite because I want to keep the climate pleasant.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You are already on the ignore list so what is the issue?
If you are being ignored there is no ego to stroke or anything else for that matter.

My question is why you are like this? I've worked with mainly men a lot and it has never been an issue for me. I go in, do my job, stay out of office politics and gossip and go home.

Why am I like what?

I don't have a problem being on the ignore list just trying to gather some insight on why I keep reliving the same experinces. Was just using this new example with this co-worker to further drive home my point. Perhaps I'm completely off?

Old 01-18-2014, 05:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
He is locking you out because you serve no purpose for him. He cannot get anything from you because you have shown that you do not in any way find him attractive, therefore he's not even going to go through the motions.

What you need to learn is that there is a way to make a man feel wanted and useful without agreeing to go out with him or making him think you're INTO him.

You should have just played along. It's JUST this side of flirting. You can play their game while staying professional. But now you have to play catch-up, which won't work.

SO their only thing you can do now is truly NGAF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships