Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 05:14 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times

Advertisements

What difference does it really make?

As in, why does it matter how you conducted yourself in the past?

Perhaps you only had 2 previous partners from 2 long-term relationships.

Perhaps you had a serious relationship and a FWB and now you met someone you like and want to do things "right." (whatever that may mean to you)

Perhaps you have a far more colorful past.

Perhaps you found religion or something.

But... why compare the speed with which you got intimate with a previous partner (or partners) with the speed at which you are taking a new relationship?

I am completely baffled by this.

S'plain it to me, people.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:16 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,738,843 times
Doubt it really matters, unless the girl is a religious extremist and you aren't. Good luck with that.

PS, I could really care less how long you need to wait.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Doubt it really matters, unless the girl is a religious extremist and you aren't. Good luck with that.

PS, I could really care less how long you need to wait.
Well, see, I feel just like you do (and I'm a woman). I don't really care what was going on in a previous relationship, because that's not a part of my current relationship. Unless my new relationship is with someone that I found out was beating the crap out of their ex or robbing them blind or some such, why should I care about how fast the relationship went or how serious they were or were not?

Old 01-20-2014, 05:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
It's up to each individual.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's up to each individual.
Agreed. Maybe your past relationships weren't as serious as your new one. I mean, really. Who knows?

Old 01-20-2014, 05:21 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
I'm dying to know too!

I just don't see how someone could expect such cookie-cutter behavior. Relationships are dynamic and unique to those individuals involved.

I mean really, if I dated someone and he took his last girlfriend on a 3 week European vacation that cost a small fortune, should I expect that he's going to do that for me too?

Old 01-20-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I'm dying to know too!

I just don't see how someone could expect such cookie-cutter behavior. Relationships are dynamic and unique to those individuals involved.

I mean really, if I dated someone and he took his last girlfriend on a 3 week European vacation that cost a small fortune, should I expect that he's going to do that for me too?

My point!

I mean, maybe he had a better job then or the exchange rates were better or he knew someone who could get him cheap tickets or his ex made a lot of money and she paid? Why the hell should I care?

Old 01-20-2014, 05:24 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,815,089 times
As long as you are not expecting exclusivity during the "waiting for sex" period when it was never your normal standard and conviction it is fine.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
As long as you are not expecting exclusivity during the "waiting for sex" period when it was never your normal standard and conviction it is fine.

Hold up. What if you're dating and you two decide not to date others? I mean, it's still okay for either partner to get some side booty because the other isn't putting out? How would your new SO know anything about your "normal standard and conviction" I mean, what if waiting to have sex is now your "normal standard and conviction?" It seems unfair to force a person who might have been having sex too early in their past relationships to continue to repeat this behavior if s/he feels that this might be a source of problems.

Hello! There are other ways to take care of business.

Though, I do agree that if you two haven't settled into an exclusivity agreement as pertains to dating that it's fair that either of you should get to have sex with whomever you want.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:29 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
What's a normal standard and how do you define that?

What if, with her last several partners she waited 4 months with Jim, had several ONS, waited 6 months with Mike and then waited 4 weeks with Bob. How do you determine what her normal standard is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships