Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:36 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,197,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
If you say so - but like I said I was not commenting on the efficacy of the tactic. Merely the motivation some may have for engaging in it.

So you admit you are a person who messages people with no other intent but to cause them emotional pain? Wow, just wow.
Some people deserve to be mocked. Wow, just wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 07:38 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,437,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Some people deserve to be mocked. Wow, just wow.
No - no one deserves to be mocked and attacked for no reason other than to feed your desire to get a reaction. It takes a low kind of person to go around contacting people with no motivation other than to mock and demean them. Your true colors are showing and they are not pretty.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:38 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,300,072 times
Quote:
If you say so - but like I said I was not commenting on the efficacy of the tactic. Merely the motivation some may have for engaging in it.

So you admit you are a person who messages people with no other intent but to cause them emotional pain? Wow, just wow.

Then explain to me how someone posting that gets them the result that they really want. A nice person.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:40 AM

11,831 posts, read 12,096,087 times
Quote:
I was referring to the practice of attempting to troll a reaction out of people my messaging them with the sole intention of mocking and demeaning them. It takes a special kind of person to go to that level I feel.
^^^This.

I think that some who post the "don't message me if" comments are truly trying to filter out what they don't want in their lives. However, i also think that some of the ones reading feel the need to message because "no one is going to tell me who I can or cannot message", or take a jab at them for having preferences, because they fall into that person's category of non-desirable qualities.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Then explain to me how someone posting that gets them the result that they really want. A nice person.
Again my point is not that it does "get them the result that they want".

I have explained more than once now that I am commenting on why they might do it - not whether it works or not.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:49 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,197,044 times
Quote:
No - no one deserves to be mocked and attacked for no reason other than to feed your desire to get a reaction. It takes a low kind of person to go around contacting people with no motivation other than to mock and demean them. Your true colors are showing and they are not pretty.
I once saw a chick that said if you weren't going to take her to the most expensive sushi restuarant in town for the first date, you shouldn't contact her. If she doesn't deserve a little mocking, I don't know who does.

Your true colors about sleeping around then going back to a guy that loves you were shown all over the "break" thread.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:56 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,300,072 times
Quote:
Again my point is not that it does "get them the result that they want".

I have explained more than once now that I am commenting on why they might do it - not whether it works or not.
Why they might do it is what I'm explaining. To weed out the bad people. In return, it weeds out the good. I'm explaining what you said and then the likely result.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,171,746 times
Quote:
I once saw a chick that said if you weren't going to take her to the most expensive sushi restuarant in town for the first date, you shouldn't contact her. If she doesn't deserve a little mocking, I don't know who does.

Your true colors about sleeping around then going back to a guy that loves you were shown all over the "break" thread.
I would probably take her to the sushi place just to see whether she even knew how to eat it. And when she asks the chef to give her extra soy sauce I would savor the embarrassment. (Assuming this is a proper Japanese place of course.)

Old 02-03-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I do not know who does either - because no one does. The idea of contacting someone with the sole intention of mocking or demeaning them says nothing about them - and everything about you.

Quote:
So I have to stick to one thread at a time - but you do not? I see you like one rule for you and one rule for everyont else then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Why they might do it is what I'm explaining. To weed out the bad people. In return, it weeds out the good. I'm explaining what you said and then the likely result.
I do not think it would weed out the good - but even if it does my point remains the same and unchanged.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,393,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It is really hard to understand how one could be so focused on grade school grammer and someone having to know the difference between so many words yet finds it is not out of line to use works that are rude, crude and fall into the what "everyone else is using because it's cool" rut. (ie: the two highlighted words in blue)

I have never been on, seen or used a dating site since I have always dated the old fashioned way, we met in real life.
IF I were to use such a site I would pass right over any profile that used the two words I have highlighted below, thinks the "Friends with benefits" movie is real, that men and women cannot be just friends with no sexual intentions involved or describes themselves as intriguing or a hopeful romantic.
I've come across maybe three profiles that used "ery" at the end of a few words. It is hardly a "cool" or trendy thing, and those of my ilk get it. I also use "f*cking" a couple other times in my profile, and guess what, it has never, not even in the slightest, affected my "success."

I'm a writer. I love words, all sorts of words, to include expletives. The kind of people I associate with also make use of colorful language as well, or they're not overly sensitive about it.

And where did I say the above movie is "real"? Where did I say men and women can't be "platonic" friends? I said I'm not looking for "friends."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships