Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 02:32 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,741,327 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

First of all, I apologize if post sounds a little "bitter" or full of "anger" but I am slightly concerned with the current status of my love life.

I am a 24 year-old woman who recently graduated from college with two bachelor degrees and a masters degree. I've always been what one would call a "good girl", meaning I'm not a party animal and I don't sleep around.

Now my problem is that men always reject me when they realize I will not sleep with them on the first date. They ask me out and then when they sense I'm looking for something meaningful, they vanish. Even the guys who happen to be quite introverted turn out to be like that. I don't meet these men at bars, but at normal places or online. I've never met a single guy who actually wanted to go on a proper date with me. I feel as though I'm not worthy of anyone's time because no guy ever took the time to get to know me.

Most of my friends are in serious relationships and I'm still single. I just don't get it. I'm not one of those girls who dress skimpy to get guys' attention, so I'm a bit confused.

What is wrong with me?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 02:34 PM

986 posts, read 1,867,129 times
It's probably your approach. They can probably see the hunger in your eyes for a "relationship", and it's scaring them off. Change your approach. Try to get to know them first, and become friends. Then it'll naturally develop into something more.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
It's probably your approach. They can probably see the hunger in your eyes for a "relationship", and it's scaring them off. Change your approach. Try to get to know them first, and become friends. Then it'll naturally develop into something more.
I always (want to) start with friendship but they usually come on way too strong and think about sex first! How can I go down the friends route with someone who asked me out just to have sex with me?

Old 02-06-2014, 02:41 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,567 times
This is a difficult situation to give advice on since I am not a woman and don't know a place you can go to find nice guys. I will say that from your description you do seem like a really nice girl but my question is are you a fun girl? Open minded and down to try new things? How good are you socially?

By the way my number is (555)555-5555...I will not ask for sex but I do like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Sorry, I am a real clown I can't help but joke around sometimes.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:43 PM

Actually, most guys tell me I'm funny because I'm always making jokes and up for anything. I'm not a prissy girl at all.

But when they sense there's gonna be no sex on the first date, they vanish and I never hear from them again.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:46 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImShmacked View Post
Actually, most guys tell me I'm funny because I'm always making jokes and up for anything. I'm not a prissy girl at all.

But when they sense there's gonna be no sex on the first date, they vanish and I never hear from them again.
Well that kind of tells me you are looking around for these guys in the wrong places. I personally would be interested in a girl with your description to at least go out on a date and see what the deal is...

Unless they get the sense that you aren't going to put out for months I can understand their concern.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:48 PM

I'm a pretty sexual girl like most girls, so it's definitely not the case. But on the first date, no. I need to know what the guy is all about first.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:49 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
probably irrelevant, since most men are only after one thing, but what age range of men do you often meet up with?

Old 02-06-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
It's probably because you are a male
Hum. What?

Old 02-06-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
probably irrelevant, since most men are only after one thing, but what age range of men do you often meet up with?
23-28
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships