Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:31 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,124 times

Advertisements

At a party this weekend (the kind involving board games and lots of alcohol), my husband and I (who this is NOT about) witnessed a rather uncomfortable argument come up between a young couple (early 20s) at the party.

It boiled down to she never had orgasms during sex, and it was his fault. His defense was that she was "responsible for her own orgasm". However, he felt this meant he should not care whatsoever, just "get his" and leave. From what we overheard (they were sitting right next to us), he never attempted anything whatsoever to bring her to climax, but she also never gave him any clues whatsoever as to what she wanted or needed. Very disfunctional.

OK, maybe I'm wrong, but that's NOT what that phrase means, is it? To me, from my hetero female perspective, it just means that, if you don't know what gets you off, how is he supposed to know? It means that if you don't care, or make it appear that you don't care (if you climax), then how is he supposed to care? Basically, like all things, it boils down to communication - if you want an orgasm and want him to participate, you have to tell/show him how to do it, or just take the reins and move him along and make it to happen. Also it means that it's good to tell him right then if the orgasm just isn't happening that night! In a long term relationship, you do get to know each others' buttons, but again, communication never goes away.

At least that's how I've always interpereted it, and that's what has always worked for me...am I right, or wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 12:46 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
It's one thing if he's not doing it "right" to meet her preferences, desires, needs, but it's another thing entirely if he doesn't bother at all. He's selfish.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:53 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,887 times
To me, it means men aren't mindreaders, and since we're wired to get off very easily and women are usually not wired that way, that women have to decide they want an orgasm, and take the initiative in bed to help her partner get her there. Also that she has to know her body well enough.

My wife has never been afraid to just demand what she wants, and I love it! It doesn't mean I don't know what gets her going, but she isn't afraid to speak up, either. If she wants to have an orgasm, she doesn't expect me to just figure it out without some clues from her.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:57 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
I think it is the female responsibility to learn about her own body (enough to create her own Os) and then to communicate what she has learned to her partner when necessary. It's not her job to get herself off by herself every time! That's crazy talk.

Sounds like those people might need an instruction manual to start with.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:59 PM

45 posts, read 62,161 times
If the lady takes longer the guy should make sure she is done before he finishes. Then both are happy.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:11 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think it is the female responsibility to learn about her own body (enough to create her own Os) and then to communicate what she has learned to her partner when necessary. It's not her job to get herself off by herself every time! That's crazy talk.

Sounds like those people might need an instruction manual to start with.
That's basically what I'm trying to say!

Old 03-24-2014, 01:44 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,997 times
The conversations people have in public. Jesus

Old 03-24-2014, 01:48 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,349,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
Good point. These two need to be talking to each other. In private.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:01 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,526 times
Quote:
And now it get repeated on the internet!

Old 03-24-2014, 02:06 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Depending on the game it could have been one of the questions but I agree, things like this are best discussed in private and certainly not at a party when it leads to a more than heated discussion.

I'm not surprised they are so young and discussing this in a group however, their age and this type of discussion is not a foreign topic to some much older as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships