Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 03:32 PM

339 posts, read 380,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
California. ......knows how to party......in the city.......of L.A.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DupaXuS0YOw

Old 02-08-2014, 03:36 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,926,397 times
I've posted this before, and I'll post it again:

Old 02-08-2014, 04:39 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,689,757 times
Lightbulb And...With All Due Respect In Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Funny and I was thinking the same exact opposite for two reasons:

1- He, by posting such heavy opinions on others he never met or known, also became one of those know-it-all "jamokes" he was flaming about. Not that I disagree with what he was saying to be accurate but the moment you start self-righteously bickering about it, you lose ground since you unwillingly become a part of what you are complaining about. It is, no doubt, a dilemma.

2- This is an open online forum, this is exactly where you would expect to see this type of stuff so it is not only silly but ironic to whine about people sharing their $0.02's worth when asked, regardless of what they say and whether what they say is right or wrong. Once you start a thread on an online forum, it is all she wrote.

So, with all due respect, I feel, Captain needs to either increase or lower the dosage on his medication.

How much does frozen fish dung weigh anyhow?
I have never, nor will I EVER, present myself as a 'know-it-all' either here or in the real world, because, simply, I DON'T know it all...and nothing I said in my post was intended to be self-righteous---but if I feel that you're spouting BS, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation notwithstanding, I am going to open my mouth and say so---I have been that way for 58 years now, and that's not gonna change

As my wise Grandpa Catfish once said "when you kick the beehive, get prepared to deal with the bees"...

And you are correct again about this being an open online forum...where everyone, yourself included, has the right to post his or her 2 cents...but this forum also subscribes to one of the most basic rules, to wit: for every action (the post that was directed at iknowftbll) there is an equal and opposite reaction (the post that I wrote in response)...and no disrespect to you, Turco, but John Henry's gonna keep on swinging his hammer (i.e. posting here) as long as I have breath in my body, a PC with a keyboard, active brain cells, and an opinion

My dosage of medication has no bearing here...I bow my head and bend my knee to no one, here or offline, and if I come across opinions here that I agree or disagree with, I'll continue to express myself accordingly

And no, I've never taken the time to weigh a bag of fish dung---that's one of the more colorful metaphors I use to pepper my speech with

Old 02-08-2014, 09:08 PM

52,431 posts, read 52,985,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
She looks hot, true enough. But I wouldn't give this girl more than a passing glance on either a magazine page or in real life. This is not a knock on your preference, especially since I know my preferences are not the definitive standard either. But I also think a lot of misconceptions come into play when we talk about "heavy" and "overweight" women, one of them being they are somehow less desirable than women like the one in your picture. Along with this notion usually comes the idea that the only men who like overweight women are desperate and can't do any better.

Well, maybe there is something to that. I have an overweight wife, and I know I couldn't do any better, but it's not because I'm desperate. It's because she is a gorgeous, smart, classy person who is a wonderful partner for me. All too often people just assume overweight women are lazy and unintelligent and full of excuses for why they are overweight. And for some of them it is true. But for a lot of them nothing could be further from the truth.
Your wife really is an attractive woman. Quite pretty.

God.. I hope I'm not fueling any kind of cuckold fantasies here....

Old 02-08-2014, 09:40 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,210,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
So basically, no you wouldn't date an obese man.

What happened to the premise of "giving people a chance"? Oh wait, he has to be a tv star, or in a similar situation as you?

You are over reaching. This whole thing has to do with how hypocritical it seems to be to reject someone who is pretty much just like you. Not someone who is so far different from you. Her saying give people a chance to me is in relation to the topic we are on. Which is how people in the same category reject each other.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:45 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,497,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
What is WRONG with prejudicial preference? No one owes anyone a date?
I am not objecting to the fact people have prejudices. I am objecting to people calling their prejudices "preferences."

A preference is something mild and flexible. I might have a preference for rice, but will eat potatoes if there is no rice available.

But when people say, "I have a preference for thinner women," they don't mean they are still open to heavier women. On the contrary, what they mean is, "I only like thinner women, and I think heavier women are fat, disgusting pigs."

If that's how you feel, fine. But at least have the guts to call it what it is: a prejudice. Don't give me this "it's just my preference" crap.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:59 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,286,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
If you've got it, flaunt it!
You're so funny lol. Your wife is pretty.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:06 PM

8,437 posts, read 13,566,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I have never, nor will I EVER, present myself as a 'know-it-all' either here or in the real world, because, simply, I DON'T know it all...and nothing I said in my post was intended to be self-righteous---but if I feel that you're spouting BS, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation notwithstanding, I am going to open my mouth and say so---I have been that way for 58 years now, and that's not gonna change

As my wise Grandpa Catfish once said "when you kick the beehive, get prepared to deal with the bees"...

And you are correct again about this being an open online forum...where everyone, yourself included, has the right to post his or her 2 cents...but this forum also subscribes to one of the most basic rules, to wit: for every action (the post that was directed at iknowftbll) there is an equal and opposite reaction (the post that I wrote in response)...and no disrespect to you, Turco, but John Henry's gonna keep on swinging his hammer (i.e. posting here) as long as I have breath in my body, a PC with a keyboard, active brain cells, and an opinion

My dosage of medication has no bearing here...I bow my head and bend my knee to no one, here or offline, and if I come across opinions here that I agree or disagree with, I'll continue to express myself accordingly

And no, I've never taken the time to weigh a bag of fish dung---that's one of the more colorful metaphors I use to pepper my speech with
And that post, right there, earned you my respect and a lousy C-D rep from me!
I subconsciously troll once in a while but it is good to see someone who can take a punch with class whether it was just or not.
Btw, my grandpa always said "Don't kick the beehive because you will have a boat load of angry bees after you!"

Cheers!

Old 02-08-2014, 10:07 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,628,700 times
Attraction is not a conscious choice, and most sensible people prefer to date people they are attracted to. Its not prejudice, its personal preference. This thread is full of mangina, im out cause its disgusting. Yuck

Old 02-08-2014, 10:18 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,063,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Your wife really is an attractive woman. Quite pretty.

God.. I hope I'm not fueling any kind of cuckold fantasies here....
Thank you for the kind words. And no, you're not fueling any cuckold fantasies, but it is a hilarious thought. Especially since my wife and I are always joking about her leaving me for one of her workout buddies. I've seen a picture of this girl, too. She's very pretty. If my wife were open to swinging from both sides of the plate, I don't think I'd stand a chance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships