Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 09:46 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,814,508 times

Advertisements

So I have just recently developed a sort of crush on one of my co-workers. I've worked with him for about 3 years and I guess you can say we've developed a good friendship. I've vented to him about my guy problems and vice versa. I've never looked at him as anything other than just a friend, I mean I always thought he was good looking and very funny but he's a different race than I am and I've never really been physically attracted to anything other than white men.

But a group of us from work went out this past Saturday, and when I got there and a friend of mine told me he was coming, I got this exciting feeling to see him. Anyway, he got there and we hung out even danced together, I was a bit tipsy so he kept making sure I was ok (he'd do that for anybody though he's gentleman in that sense).

Long story short, he has told me in past conversations that he would not get involved with anyone he worked with and I understand why, so I know basically nothing will happen between us. And I'm sure this crush will go away, as I've had others at work which went away pretty quickly. Just kinda sucks because I feel like him and I have so much in common, and I think he finds me attractive since he always tells me how pretty I am. I do however know that he had a major flirtation going on a couple of years ago with another co-worker to the point where he sent her flowers to her house for her birthday. I know this because the girl was a friend of mine, but they kept it secret so I was the only one she told, he might even know that I'm aware of it since me and the girl were very close at the time this was going on (she's engaged to another man now).

So do I just give up, and wait for this crush to subside, or should I take a risk and make a subtle move?

Btw he's definitely single.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 10:06 PM

29,527 posts, read 22,695,541 times
Make a subtle move.

Quote:
'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. - Alfred Lord Tennyson at BrainyQuote

Old 03-16-2016, 05:06 AM

I know but the thing that holds me back, is that he has said he wouldn't date anybody he works with. Even with the girl he flirted with, they never went out on an official date or anything.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:23 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post

Long story short, he has told me in past conversations that he would not get involved with anyone he worked with and I understand why, so I know basically nothing will happen between us.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:44 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,396,565 times
Sounds like you're just crushing because you know you can't have him. Grow up and move on - it's a waste of time. And he's smart to not want any involvements at work.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:47 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,771,805 times
It is obvious that this dude has a clue by refusing to get involved with a coworker. Move on, never mix business with pleasure.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:29 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,347,868 times
How many times do I gotta say it?

Don't date coworkers! It's taboo. Poison. Stay away....you'll be sorry when/if it affects your personal and professional lives!

Old 03-16-2016, 09:38 AM

20,770 posts, read 19,995,431 times
If you keep hitting on coworkers and all at the same company, you might ruin your reputation. Word goes around, you know?

Old 03-16-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
If you keep hitting on coworkers and all at the same company, you might ruin your reputation. Word goes around, you know?
Thanks, but not worried since I've never hit on any of them. I had a crush on one other guy but never acted on it, and believe me he never knew.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:13 AM

462 posts, read 550,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Thanks, but not worried since I've never hit on any of them. I had a crush on one other guy but never acted on it, and believe me he never knew.

We know when women are crushing on us more often than not. Aanyway, for a guy who "doesn't date anyone at work" to send your friend flowers, that is pretty bold, so perhaps he isn't as opposed to dating at work as what he says.

I would guess he has limited interest if anything, since he hasn't made a move on you in all this time (3 years). Also the other posters are right in that it is best not to mix work with romance (though of course sometimes we do it anyway as we are human after all). I'd move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships