Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 10:47 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,966,504 times

Advertisements

I donno, last i checked a sexless relationship is called roommates, or friends.

If one person doesnt want sex and their is no medical issue, than that person just isnt into the relationship or other person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 10:59 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,720,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Good thread. I'm the one who's been denied all these years. My live in boyfriend absolutely refuses to touch me or even let me touch him at all. He's not one bit attracted to me. I have no idea why we're still together. Yet he's all insecure, jealous and possessive and won't let me get it elsewhere. I think that's incredibly selfish and unfair.
That is not a relationship. Is your 'boyfriend' gay and in the closet and afraid to be honest with everyone? That tends to be the most common reason, but it could also be other personal issues.

You need to move on...no matter if he has a hissy fit. You are right, it is unfair to you.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Good thread. I'm the one who's been denied all these years. My live in boyfriend absolutely refuses to touch me or even let me touch him at all. He's not one bit attracted to me. I have no idea why we're still together. Yet he's all insecure, jealous and possessive and won't let me get it elsewhere. I think that's incredibly selfish and unfair.

It does take two people staying in a miserable relationship.
You could walk away since you are not married.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:23 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,078,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I donno, last i checked a sexless relationship is called roommates, or friends.

I agree, but people have these types of relationships and stay. It may not be super common, but haven't we seen enough on these boards?

If one person doesnt want sex and their is no medical issue, than that person just isnt into the relationship or other person.
What if there was a medical issue with you? Would you allow the your SO to be physical with someone else, because you can't fulfill that part of the relationship? Assuming you know sex is important to your SO or that they ask if it's okay.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
No. I would encourage them to end the relationship (presumably things are a-okay for me so I see no reason for me to end it the problem is them). I'd be okay with it ending as I find guys are quite replaceable and I'd be okay with it ending because of lack of sex as in my opinion sex is generally solely/mainly what most guys seek from relationships. The sex I find is not for this feeling love bs guys spew as how eager they are to have it with others when their partner isn't 'putting out' suggests it seems to be more about doing a body than their partner.

I don't think it's selfish for one to not allow infidelity in an established monogamous relationship.
You do realize though, if you "allowed" it, it's really not infidelity, right?

How can it be "monogamous" if they're not having sex with each other? Would it be moNOgamous SEX? hehe. Besides, if the other partner is having sex, but with one other person (and not you), that's still monogamy.

I respect your opinion, I'm just looking at it from a different POV.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Of course not; and risk disease?
But if you're not having sex with your SO, how would you get a disease (okay, minus herpes)? And what if they were monogamous with someone else (disease free)?

Old 02-11-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Is this a trick question?
Why? Do you think it is?

Old 02-11-2014, 11:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,690,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
Why? Do you think it is?
Yes, there is no right answer.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:34 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,750,571 times
Quote:
Yes, and this place is the bastion of "right answers", right?

Old 02-12-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
LOL. Honestly. I was just curious if people would allow it. And IMHO, the right answer is whatever you believe in....you just have to be ready to live with whatever consequences that may bring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships