Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:51 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times

Advertisements

sorry but i think i AM getting my threads mixed up. oooops!
o.k. so looks like youre on your way to a fabulous nite with the mrs.!
when you see her tonite make sure you flaunt your shoes!!
p.s. how is your voice today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 08:15 AM

200 posts, read 888,412 times
Well, on Saturday I:
1. Did dishes (by hand, no dishwasher)
2. Swept/mopped kitchen
3. 5 loads of laundry
4. Dusted the entire house
5. Vacuumed dog hair off of furniture
6. Vacuumed entire house
7. Changed linens (towels, bedsheets)
8. Balanced the checkbook
9. Paid bills
10. Went grocery shopping
11. Made dinner
12. Washed dinner dishes
13. Cleaned the bathroom (we only have one full bathroom)

And DH didn't even notice the house was any cleaner than when he went to work in the morning.

This is an every-weekend thing. I've grown accustomed to it by now. DH has 2 jobs, I don't expect him to do housework too. I consider housework my second job.

But DH didn't have the "energy" to thank me in the way I wanted. Gimme a break.

(So I accosted him the next morning!)

VA, my DH doesn't have a romantic bone in his body. But if I were in imaginary land, my idea of romance is spontenaity.

Does your laundry room have a door? Can you shower together in the morning? Does your 4-year-old like "The Wiggles?" so that perhaps she can be raptly entertained in one room while you *ahem* in the other?

Don't give your wife the chance to say "we shouldn't."

Old 12-04-2007, 10:14 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedie80 View Post
This is an every-weekend thing. I've grown accustomed to it by now. DH has 2 jobs, I don't expect him to do housework too. I consider housework my second job.

But DH didn't have the "energy" to thank me in the way I wanted. Gimme a break.

(So I accosted him the next morning!)
So your husband gets to watch you do housework and then get some when you're done???

Son of a B****!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedie80
VA, my DH doesn't have a romantic bone in his body. But if I were in imaginary land, my idea of romance is spontenaity.
Yup yup yup.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedie80
Does your laundry room have a door? Can you shower together in the morning? Does your 4-year-old like "The Wiggles?" so that perhaps she can be raptly entertained in one room while you *ahem* in the other?

Don't give your wife the chance to say "we shouldn't."
Well, this is the type of imagination that my wife doesn't appreciate. Again it seems to have to be, in the bedroom, dark, covers on, etc.....

Old 12-04-2007, 02:10 PM

200 posts, read 888,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Well, this is the type of imagination that my wife doesn't appreciate. Again it seems to have to be, in the bedroom, dark, covers on, etc.....
She might need to experience the laundry room once to realize she likes it! Drag her behind in there!

Here's an idea: if you have a spare bedroom...black out the windows, and pitch a makeshift tent using chairs and old sheets.

Meets the requirements--dark, under covers, in a bedroom!

Old 12-04-2007, 02:18 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
i agree with sedie80.
just remember to keep your nice shoes on whilst doing "the laundry".
(you may need them for traction anyways on the cool tile floor)

Old 12-04-2007, 06:10 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
ya know Bluegrass, maybe we shouldn't give away all our "secrets" maybe we should write a book instead and make some money off of it.
Hey, sounds like a plan to me! I bet I could come up with at least a couple of chapters!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:21 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
VA, just do what my husband does, he comes in the bedroom whenever I'm in there, locks the door and says "why are your clothes still on". then if I take too long to get them off, he's starts saying "it's taking way too long"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships