Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times

Advertisements

Most of the dating euphemisms and catch phrases stand for less than appealing qualities, we all know that. At this point, "I'm a strong independent woman" is an immediate turn off. Just think about it. Any sort of meaningful relationship implies certain measure of dependence. If you are already independent why bother with relationship if your "independence" is so important to you? Stay independent, luckily even the dumbest, nastiest, ugliest and fattest women can always find a male sex partner in a blink of an eye. Why bother with a relationship and risk your precious independence?

Seriously, I'd rather be in the middle of a desert alone than next to the self-described "independent & strong willed woman". Nope, I'm not a total control guy expecting 3 meals per day and an ironed shirt with a smile every morning. I was just looking for a woman who gives a dime (you can tell if you see one), a woman I can rely on unconditionally, I was not looking for a business partner doing continuous cost-benefit analysis round the clock and all I was getting was another "independent woman". Independent of obligations, loyalty, concerns and common decency, I didn't meet financially independent ones who would refuse "a little" extra yet. I've married one who bailed out immediately with every penny she could grab after "extras" stopped coming in . Yup, she was and still is as independent as they come. Sometimes, women would get independent to the point of complete uselessness. Independence is nice and dandy, but if I'd rather deal with a for-profit-business than be on the mercy of your independence, what's the point? Cheap sex? That's what hooking up is for, if we to talk "business", prostitutes are cheaper than independent women (much cheaper) and they offer as much or more intellectual etc. stimulation (that's what I've heard ).

I don't think that women "needs" changed that much in the past millennium. I'm pretty sure that male "ideal" stays the same since the Stone Age, as in "Socially (and preferably biologically) dominant male aggressive go-getter towards "outside" world, nice and cuddly towards her precious, cuddly and controllable (very important). Since the time immemorial women honed the art of sublime male control. Yet, something changed since the "liberation". Nope, women don't mind controlling their males, it doesn't matter how independent they get. They want control, lots of it. What they no longer want - any obligations, exertion, and responsibility for their males. That's "demeaning" and economically unsound. We males are just disposables not partners for independent women. We are tolerated for as long as benefits overweigh their meagure costs. The sheer proximity to their woman highness is supposed to be our reward.

I had just enough with the last "independent" one, after I put in 18 hrs of work non-stop (no exaggeration, unfortunately) and I asked her for a glass of water. What did I hear in return, "You are a big boy, you can get it yourself". Keep in mind that this "independent" woman didn't work at the time and I paid all her bills. So passing a glass of water or gosh forbid cooking a dinner is "demeaning" for women but me wasting 100 hrs of my life to provide for her is not demeaning at all. I did my cost-benefit analysis and if there is nobody but independent women out there, I'd rather be alone, enough of abuse is enough, stupid no more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 08:05 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,033 times
Why did you "pick" her to begin with if you find those qualities so revolting?

Old 02-19-2012, 08:11 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Oh there are other types of women out there. You're probably just not attracted to them or don't even notice them.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:14 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post

I had just enough with the last "independent" one, after I put in 18 hrs of work non-stop (no exaggeration, unfortunately) and I asked her for a glass of water. What did I hear in return, "You are a big boy, you can get it yourself". Keep in mind that this "independent" woman didn't work at the time and I paid all her bills. So passing a glass of water or gosh forbid cooking a dinner is "demeaning" for women but me wasting 100 hrs of my life to provide for her is not demeaning at all. I did my cost-benefit analysis and if there is nobody but independent women out there, I'd rather be alone, enough of abuse is enough, stupid no more.

thats not an independent woman.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:21 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Quote:
Most of the dating euphemisms and catch phrases stand for less than appealing qualities, we all know that. At this point, "I'm a strong independent woman" is an immediate turn off. Just think about it. Any sort of meaningful relationship implies certain measure of dependence. If you are already independent why bother with relationship if your "independence" is so important to you? Stay independent, luckily even the dumbest, nastiest, ugliest and fattest women can always find a male sex partner in a blink of an eye. Why bother with a relationship and risk your precious independence?

Seriously, I'd rather be in the middle of a desert alone than next to the self-described "independent & strong willed woman". Nope, I'm not a total control guy expecting 3 meals per day and an ironed shirt with a smile every morning. I was just looking for a woman who gives a dime (you can tell if you see one), a woman I can rely on unconditionally, I was not looking for a business partner doing continuous cost-benefit analysis round the clock and all I was getting was another "independent woman". Independent of obligations, loyalty, concerns and common decency, I didn't meet financially independent ones who would refuse "a little" extra yet. I've married one who bailed out immediately with every penny she could grab after "extras" stopped coming in . Yup, she was and still is as independent as they come. Sometimes, women would get independent to the point of complete uselessness. Independence is nice and dandy, but if I'd rather deal with a for-profit-business than be on the mercy of your independence, what's the point? Cheap sex? That's what hooking up is for, if we to talk "business", prostitutes are cheaper than independent women (much cheaper) and they offer as much or more intellectual etc. stimulation (that's what I've heard ).

I don't think that women "needs" changed that much in the past millennium. I'm pretty sure that male "ideal" stays the same since the Stone Age, as in "Socially (and preferably biologically) dominant male aggressive go-getter towards "outside" world, nice and cuddly towards her precious, cuddly and controllable (very important). Since the time immemorial women honed the art of sublime male control. Yet, something changed since the "liberation". Nope, women don't mind controlling their males, it doesn't matter how independent they get. They want control, lots of it. What they no longer want - any obligations, exertion, and responsibility for their males. That's "demeaning" and economically unsound. We males are just disposables not partners for independent women. We are tolerated for as long as benefits overweigh their meagure costs. The sheer proximity to their woman highness is supposed to be our reward.

I feel for ya'. A friend of mine just got divorced from the type of woman you described. He said it didn't even feel like a marriage. She didn't seem to want to make him feel loved, appreciated or needed. (She made more $$ than him, & rubbed his face in that fact, routinely) She took her vacations without him, splurged on herself all the time & he would always come home to an empty house. I wondered why they ever got married in the first place.

So I get your point, but there are good women out there,
that do appreciate their men

Old 02-19-2012, 08:21 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,287,317 times
So you chose to marry a lazy, selfish person who mislabeled herself "independent," and now you're inventing all sorts of negative traits that supposedly lurk behind this simple word? Yawn. The women of the world aren't out to get you, it just sounds like you've made poor choices in the past.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:25 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
We all make mistakes. Make sure you're getting what you want before you marry them.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
Why did you "pick" her to begin with if you find those qualities so revolting?
How can you find qualities revolting without experiencing them up close and personal? You live, you learn. First, you naively assume that women's independence is her right not to be treated as male's property. Then you learn that modern women independence is an euphemism for her right not to give a dime about "her" male, her right to "work him in" her busy life on her terms, her right to dispose of him, etc..

Old 02-19-2012, 08:29 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
I'll take an independent woman over a clingy, needy one any day of the week.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:34 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,033 times
Quote:
How can you find qualities revolting without experiencing them up close and personal? You live, you learn. First, you naively assume that women's independence is her right not to be treated as male's property. Then you learn that modern women independence is an euphemism for her right not to give a dime about "her" male, her right to "work him in" her busy life on her terms, her right to dispose of him, etc..

How much time do you invest in getting to know this person before entering into a relationship with her? Did anything tip you off before that final straw? I think part of the problem is people don't know what they want before entering into relationships/marriages and then they end up hurt in the end. It's true that we live and learn (I agree with that) but it's good to start with well defined boundaries, too. Everyone has their list of "deal breakers" I know I've had my own (and I've challenged a few of them) but I know what I'll put up with and what I won't put up with in a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships