Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 03:37 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I didn't mean fishing for compliments....but never mind.

jma, by your own admission you tend to "over-analyse things" and you are kind of sky and haven't always connected well with people.

Sounds like all of these things are working against you to keep you ruminating on why someone in a gym may have looked at you.

The point is, sometimes we never know why others do the things they do. So sure, wonder about it if you are killing time in the shower or on a train, but then let it go.

Just take it as a positive thing and move on. Wondering on and on about it endlessly makes you seem a little Rain Manish, if you know what I mean

Plenty of people here have given you input on why you may be experiencing this - pick one of their answers as the most likely scenario and let it go!
I knew what you meant about fishing. Its not that I am disregarding the answers here but people keep asking questions so I keep answering them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 03:50 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hmmm...sounding more and more like you are fishing, or maybe even trawling?
Definitely. OP claims to have no clue why these people stare but is quick to shoot down possible explanations that he doesn't like. If he genuinely has no clue as he claims, I think he'd give these suggestions a little more merit. Dismissing the negative possibilities so readily indicates there is more to the story than OP is letting on or an indicator he is just fishing.

Also, this seems like a topic more appropriate for the health and fitness forum. Posing this question in the relationships forum adds to the suspicion the OP is just fishing.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:03 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Op, if this bothers you that they are staring at you, then stop looking around. When I hit the gym, I stay focus on my workout, I don't chat other than to say hello or see you later, I try not to make eye contact, I leave my cell in the car, I couldn't tell you who is looking at me, and I don't go there looking for a date. The hour goes by fast this way and I have done what I went there to do, get a good workout in and on with the rest of my day. Stay focus on your workout, hit it and be done.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:04 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You mean now that you have a hot body right? Maybe you are trying too hard to be modest here. Perhaps you put a lot of hard work into transforming your body into one lean mean fighting machine, and you look darn good and you know it. Maybe they are so mesmerized by your fabulous new body and dashing good looks, that you leave them speechless and in awe. Just say it man, you are one hot stud and that's the real reason the ladies are staring at you.
If I were to choose a word to describe me, it wouldn't be hot though I am in the best shape of my life. I am working on my body to flatten out my stomach and get a little pec definition.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:21 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
You mean now that you have a hot body right? Maybe you are trying too hard to be modest here. Perhaps you put a lot of hard work into transforming your body into one lean mean fighting machine, and you look darn good and you know it. Maybe they are so mesmerized by your fabulous new body and dashing good looks, that you leave them speechless and in awe. Just say it man, you are one hot stud and that's the real reason the ladies are staring at you.
Lol. We guys think we're the shiits during/after a good lift/workout; pumped up/swollen, blood and adrenaline coursing through our veins- we "think" all the ladies in the gym are looking at us. I know, Ive felt like that in the past, but its nothing more than testosterone flooding my brain and making me delusional

Aint nobody looking at me that way, Lol

Old 02-23-2014, 05:33 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol. We guys think we're the shiits during/after a good lift/workout; pumped up/swollen, blood and adrenaline coursing through our veins- we "think" all the ladies in the gym are looking at us. I know, Ive felt like that in the past, but its nothing more than testosterone flooding my brain and making me delusional

lol

Old 02-23-2014, 05:42 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
I think maybe this thread needs workout or post-workout pics. The ladies need to see what all you guys are talking about in order to give a proper response.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:34 AM

421 posts, read 676,637 times
Quote:
Op, if this bothers you that they are staring at you, then stop looking around. When I hit the gym, I stay focus on my workout, I don't chat other than to say hello or see you later, I try not to make eye contact, I leave my cell in the car, I couldn't tell you who is looking at me, and I don't go there looking for a date. The hour goes by fast this way and I have done what I went there to do, get a good workout in and on with the rest of my day. Stay focus on your workout, hit it and be done.
Missing out on all of the free... I like the motivational value.

Anyway, you can meet a lot of ladies if you know which one's to approach. Do research on flirtation and ovulation signs.

Also, remember to never use a direct gaze until you have definitively established interest. Instead remember that the mirrors are your friend. Work them the way a politician works the crowd.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:49 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Maybe you are not imagining it completely. I AM looking at these guys because I find it hot when they are all pumped up and their veins are popping out their arms. Especially when they do pull ups.

My ex looked like a wild animal while and after a workout. So sexy.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:54 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Unless you're really odd, it's probably a good thing. If you look like you shouldn't be there or are doing something weird, it's probably a bad thing.

If your normal looking/in good shape, it's a good thing. I notice some girls check me out a lot, even though I lift with my girlfriend. Men look at her like she's a piece of meat all the time lol. A few are a bit worse and it's creepy, however for the most part I just take it as a compliment when they check her out. We are super happy together so we just laugh about it and take it as a compliment.

In fact, I have had several men come up to me and compliment me about her, like "wow, it's amazing seeing a girl that actually squats/deadlifts like that." It probably helps that she's 5', 115lbs and can squat 185lbs for several reps with perfect form..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships