Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:41 PM

135 posts, read 150,316 times

Advertisements

I went out on a date with a girl that I felt that I had great chemistry with about 2 weeks ago. It seemed like we had a lot of fun together and had everything in common. We kissed in the first date and then continued to make out some in her car. I did not push for sex at all (not a concern for me, I really wanted to date her). She is 21 and I'm 25 as well BTW

Anyways, the next day, we arranged another date for next week but about 5 hours later she sent me a text saying that she had a great time but she didn't see it going any further cause she still has feelings for somebody else. I said that's ok and I haven't contacted her since...she hasn't contacted me either

Anyways, is it worth it to contact her again? She was such a cool girl but I obviously don't want to pursue somebody who is not equally interested in me. Is it worth it just as a hail mary? I obviously don't have very high expectations of this ever going anywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 09:57 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
I would not. Either she was honest, or she was lying, but either way, she's not interested. You shouldn't need to hear that more than once. Move on.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:07 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
No, because then you'd have to pretend to be her friend and then you'll get friendzoned.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:11 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyraz View Post
I went out on a date with a girl that I felt that I had great chemistry with about 2 weeks ago. It seemed like we had a lot of fun together and had everything in common. We kissed in the first date and then continued to make out some in her car. I did not push for sex at all (not a concern for me, I really wanted to date her). She is 21 and I'm 25 as well BTW

Anyways, the next day, we arranged another date for next week but about 5 hours later she sent me a text saying that she had a great time but she didn't see it going any further cause she still has feelings for somebody else. I said that's ok and I haven't contacted her since...she hasn't contacted me either

Anyways, is it worth it to contact her again? She was such a cool girl but I obviously don't want to pursue somebody who is not equally interested in me. Is it worth it just as a hail mary? I obviously don't have very high expectations of this ever going anywhere

Didn't you ask this exact same question about the second week in March? I doubt that the answers are going to change from then to now.
She made it clear the relationship was not going to go further so move on.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:56 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,737,138 times
We already told you NO on your other thread.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,673,749 times
He's in Ground Hog's day except he is the only one who doesn't realize things have happened before and he's trapped in a month loop.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:56 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:

She isn't interested. Find another woman.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:31 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:

Nope.

Keep your dignity and don't contact her.

She obviously wanted you more and didn't give it.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Nope. It would just invite drama.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:22 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
I am going to disagree and say you should totally do it. Just let her know you can't stop thinking about her as you lay alone in your bed every night. Tell her you are a better man than that other guy--or any guy she will ever meet. Park outside her house and text her until she comes out.

And please, please, please post the results here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships