Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 05:38 PM

596 posts, read 627,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I randomly choose that time to prove a point from a prior instance.

Doesn't matter anyways, she was talking to me again by Friday.
You did her a GREAT favor, bet she's counting her lucky stars now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 06:14 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
I have no problem admitting that I'm attracted to all types of women, including bigger ones. I thought she was ok and seemed like a decent person when we talked online. However, the look on her face when we first met dictated how the date would end up. She flat out told me that she likes bigger men for "sexual" reasons. I wasn't staying around to be insulted.
Should have told her all your "size" went to another area of your body (used for sexual reasons), and walked out.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-19-2014, 06:36 PM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
I know proper dining etiquette, but it's a bit ridiculous when you base your feelings for someone on a steak!!! Big ****ing deal if someone pours A1 all over it, not everyone knows that that is considered poor dining manners, A1 is so common now, especially at middle america steak houses, that people don't expect it to be an issue if they do it at home. If someone does it to a meal you've made, just tell them how it makes you feel, and allow the person the opportunity to SHOWyou they care about your feelings.

But seriously, breaking up with a guy for pouring ketchup (gross) or steak sauce over a dish you made for them to enjoy how they WANT to enjoy it is ridiculous and its absolutely no wonder, why some women can't keep a man.
I think it's silly, too (but then again I put catsup on shrimp) BUT this would make me incompatible with a real "foodie". I think if fine food and cooking was her passion, then she does need to be with someone who is like her (and there are plenty of fine food snobs out there). I don't think there's anything wring with wanting to meet someone who shares the same passions you do.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:22 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,282 times
I had the worst date ever. I always assume these threads are about me. I finally get to post here! I'm always shy and awkward on dates but I can typically keep a conversation rolling. I'm just not aggressive enough..

Anyway..

Went for some dinner at a place Im a regular at, usually don't bring dates there. It's a good atmosphere, all the bartenders know me and a guy I snowboard with is the cook. For a introverted, reserved guy I'm pretty popular there! My bill is usually 10-20 bucks cheaper than it should be.

She brought her kid with her, I didn't even know she had children! I was in total shock, did she really think that would be a good Idea? First of all, I'm really not interested in dating single parents. I'd maybe look past that if we really clicked, but to bring the kid on the first date and urge me to interact with him?
WTF!

I didn't walk out, but I checked out of the date and tried to get it over with ASAP! I have a hard time being outright rude and I didn't have anything going on that night anyway so why cause a scene.. I just acted cold and never called back.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:43 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,640 times
I am loving these stories .

Old 03-20-2014, 04:55 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
when I was dating ,(married now ) I had a date tell me Oh wow are you an amazon? im 5"10 and really tall for a woman and I use to do some modeling . I found that extremely rude and in very poor taste and he was low and behold 5'7 and I did not care but he would just keep referring to my height all during the date . I excused myself and told him I was going home . I have never walked on a date although a few I should have . One was where the guy knew the person who owned a restaurant and he never paid anything for the meal or the tip . I left the tip , and then when I said something about did people expect him to work for free ? He became angry and told me he would take me home and I said well thanks .

Old 03-20-2014, 04:59 AM

122 posts, read 155,896 times
I didn't really walk out but it made me want to. He was talking bad about his friends. It was a total turn off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships