Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 11:54 PM

438 posts, read 1,531,556 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I met a girl from Okcupid the other day and for the first time in my life I think I've met a girl that a truly like and think is compatible with me. Unfortunately I met her online and you know how that goes, easy come, easy go, she's probably getting 20 messages a day.

We didn't exchange many messages online, she says she's not much of a texter and surprisingly she was willing to meet before exchanging many messages.

So we met last night and it seemed to go well. We both talked a lot about a lot of different topics and at the end of our date she mentioned that she may be able to do something on Sunday.

I told her to text me, is that bad? I'm thinking maybe that didn't sound right.

My question is should I text her first before Sunday? What should I say? And if she excepts another date what can I do to let her know I'm really interested in a subtle way? Buy her some flowers?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 11:59 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Definitely text her!

I assume a guy is not very interested if he doesn't text me within 12 hours or so after a date.

Flowers are risky. She may be charmed, or creeped out.

A wiser move would be to show your interest by connecting with her in a real way. Be present. Listen to what she says and to the feelings behind her words. Be aware of her body language and when she wants to be closer or less close. Be silly. Be kind. Share a bit of your real self.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:01 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Jeez. Am I the only one who would have told her to CALL me, and not TEXT?

Old 03-13-2014, 12:05 AM

Well the 12 hour window has closed, I was thinking I would text her tomorrow. I'll keep that in mind about the flowers, not sure why she would be creeped out. Too much , too soon?

I did everything else on the first date, listen, silly, kind, etc. I guess I'll just keep doing that. I couldn't read too much into her body language.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:05 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Jeez. Am I the only one who would have told her to CALL me, and not TEXT?
You might be the only one who cares which method of communication she uses .

Old 03-13-2014, 12:13 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
do not be too available she will think you have no life and clingy .

Old 03-13-2014, 12:13 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,122 times
No to the flowers! Great food on the other hand... way better than flowers, IMO.

And go ahead and text or call her for the next date now!

Old 03-13-2014, 12:14 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
You might be the only one who cares which method of communication she uses .
I don't think he's totally wrong. A lot of people are so reliant on texting nowadays, that if a guy tells a woman to call me, he's automatically standing out from the pack.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
do not be too available she will think you have no life and clingy .
I have to agree with this. That's why I don't want to text too soon. I think it will make me look clingy because she already knows I don't know anyone around because I'm new to the area. I did tell her that I'm taking a few classes and groups though.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:01 AM

639 posts, read 678,879 times
- Know that you belong on the date. Have some confidence in your game.
- Be a gentleman (for real); no matter what your motive behind the date, you must be genuine in the matter of manners. Hold the door for her, tell her she's beautiful, and have good posture. Do not get the wrong idea about this, however; being a gentleman does not mean you treat her as if she is perfect and flawless.
- Act as if you've been there before. Even if she's a good looking girl, you have to hold firm. Don't think that she's too good for you.
- Don't be a jerk; the cooler you are, the more intrigued she'll be.
- Make sure that even if you are not that great looking, you smell good. (However, too much cologne is not good!)
- Whatever you do, do it well; make other girls around want you also (so she can be more open to your spontaneous gestures).
- Don't be overly attentive all the time. Flowers on 1 date is nice, flowers on every date becomes meaningless.
- Unless she is a total loser (gold digger, liar, etc.), never burn your bridges. That ugly duckling can definitely become a sexy chick.

For More information Click hrer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships