Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 12:06 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
If I'm ever having a reeeeeeeaaaaaaaally bad day, the damnyouautocorrect website is a cure-all for me! I usually end up laughing until I can barely breathe.
The "Hitler reacts" series on youtube is a never-ending source of amusement for me.
Even Germans find it funny so you know it must be hilarious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I don't date anymore. And I could care less what people think of me. Don't want to be around me? Stay away then...
You seem to be taking the answers to your general question very personally.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:23 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Why exaggerate like that? It's a dishonest way of having a..idk what this is..a debate.(?)

No one in this thread, or on this entire forum, and certainly not the person you quoted, has a "smile on their face all the time". The person didn't say that, but that's what you chose to see. That's strange.

A man who "hasn't laughed in years" is seriously odd..totally abnormal. No woman wants to date a man like that. None. 0%.

The only thing you can look forward to is some sad sack insecure woman version of yourself that might settle for a man like that out of desperation.

WOW! Smh.

Didn't you get the memo? We're supposed to put our arms around the OP and tell him how wonderful and misunderstood he is.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:32 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Would shoot myself in the head if I was with someone with no sense of humor.
Interestingly enough, what men and women consider to be a good sense of humor is vastly different. It's not so much the difference between, say, The Three Stooges and a romantic comedy, as personal interaction. I've read in several places that it goes something like this:

Her: He makes me laugh. What a great sense of humor!

Him: She laughs at my jokes. What a great sense of humor!

Old 03-17-2014, 01:34 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,321 times
Quote:
I will admit that I have no sense of humor and I don't laugh. In fact, I haven't laughed or smiled in years. I'm serious when I say this. I am a very serious person and I take life very seriously. It's a no laughing matter to me. Could you date a person like this?
No. A sense of humor is part of a good, well-rounded personality. It's a requirement for me. However - if a person's sense of humor is mean, that is an immediate turn-off.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:43 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
If I fart and she bolts it's not meant to be. If I fart and she laughs it's meant to be.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:03 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times
Quote:
I will admit that I have no sense of humor and I don't laugh. In fact, I haven't laughed or smiled in years. I'm serious when I say this. I am a very serious person and I take life very seriously. It's a no laughing matter to me. Could you date a person like this?
Being that Life is one huge cosmic joke, no.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:14 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Nope.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:15 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,774 times
Quote:
...I find that hard to believe. If you are truthful in what you say and not exaggerating, then you are a very, VERY rare breed. I mean, even people like war-tested military generals and hardcore thugs in gangs tend to laugh and have a little fun every now and then. I've met a few stone-faced people who are usually serious and even they loosen up a bit on a sporadic basis.

One of the key factors in a person forming emotional bonds with others is he or she being able to smile and laugh together about stuff. There are plenty of times to get serious, but people who don't lighten up sometimes are no fun to be around. Plus, humor can be great medication for a bad day.

I'm not the type that laughs at every little thing, but I'm trying to remember the last time I went through an entire day without smiling or chuckling at least once and I'm drawing a blank. Even on bad or stressful days there's at least something that briefly amuses me...even if it's something stupid.

To answer your question OP, the answer is no.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:56 PM

252 posts, read 349,292 times
I'm known as a very funny guy, so humor is a bonding thing for me. If I find someone who laughs at the same warped, twisted, outrageous, sick kinds of things I laugh at, we instantly bond.

But I think humor is also a function of your level of intelligence and your type of intelligence.

One question: How do you judge sense of humor? If you think you have no sense of humor because you don't laugh at anything on TV or in the movies, I don't necessarily think that means you have no sense of humor. Very little of that stuff can get a laugh out of me. Most of it is politically correct crap.

One comment? Could it be that you do have a sense of humor but you're maye wound a little tight so you don't let that side come out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships