Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 11:05 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times

Advertisements

Can we move this to Politics now? It's getting too off track for Relationships.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:05 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I am glad you got satisfaction out of an online argument buddy but I know it is futile discussing politics with people like you.

I asked a simple question and you played the race card. Nice try there buddy.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:07 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,755 times
I do want to add that I dont know if i would be able to date those who were extremely liberal either... For instance I don't like the idea of certain agendas being pushed upon students in a public school setting. Teaching of values, morals, beliefs etc should not be something that is pushed upon children by teachers rather the parents should have that role. In other words I know that right now there are many things that are PC and these things are being taught to children early on when they start school-I don't think the government should have that type of role. Teach the basic core educational subjects leave the spreading of certain beliefs and ideals to the parents. And on that note I feel the same way about conservatives who sometimes try to bring religion in the classroom... No!

Old 03-18-2014, 11:08 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Can we move this to Politics now? It's getting too off track for Relationships.
No surprise! Knew that would happen

Old 03-18-2014, 11:14 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
No surprise! Knew that would happen
Considering the topic it was unavoidable, one thing about political discussion is that they are completely pointless. No is going to change their views so why waste your time.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:19 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,755 times
Quote:
Considering the topic it was unavoidable, one thing about political discussion is that they are completely pointless. No is going to change their views so why waste your time.
And that's precisely why politics matter to some extent when dating...

Old 03-18-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
And that's precisely why politics matter to some extent when dating...
I have dated across the spectrum, and haven't had a problem stemming from their political views.

I do have a very dominating personality though, women tend to change their views or become pliable around me. Same goes for a lot of guys, their girlfriends always are iffy about me cause I tend to have an impact on their boyfriend's personality.

Maybe the dynamic changes from male to female or female to male...

Old 03-18-2014, 11:30 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Quote:
I have dated across the spectrum, and haven't had a problem stemming from their political views.

I do have a very dominating personality though, women tend to change their views or become pliable around me. Same goes for a lot of guys, their girlfriends always are iffy about me cause I tend to have an impact on their boyfriend's personality.

Maybe the dynamic changes from male to female or female to male...
You have a dominating personality. Or you seek out or gravitate towards weak people.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
You have a dominating personality. Or you seek out or gravitate towards weak people.
Now what was the need for this assumption? Something tells me we have gotten into argument on another thread and you are still upset. Some people in this section can be so petty!

By the way, all my friends are extroverted. Doesn't matter what group you put me in...

Old 03-18-2014, 11:45 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Quote:
Now what was the need for this assumption? Something tells me we have gotten into argument on another thread and you are still upset. Some people in this section can be so petty!

By the way, all my friends are extroverted. Doesn't matter what group you put me in...
I'm suspicious of anyone who claims they are so dominant that the people around them assimilate to their POV. I've known some very charismatic people, many of whom are very close to me.

Most people don't change their minds that easily. I have, however, encountered quite a few people who inevitably adapt to their opinions to reflect their partners' opinions (or whomever is the most dominant personality in the area) - we're not talking about the most independent people. Extroversion has very little to do with conviction or strength of character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships