Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 06:34 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,791 times

Advertisements

When you ladies are looking for a relationship what makes you feel secure that the guy is not in it for something else like just sex? Let's say you have an opinion that the guy is a player or he sleeps around a bit. BUT he is willing to actually take you out on a real date something cool and different that obviously took some thought. He is not treating you just like another piece of ass but he obviously likes you legitimately.

Would you totally evade the situation? What could make you feel more comfortable about it? What can the guy do in this case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 06:36 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
I am a bit of a female player. I give male players the benefit of the doubt, as I hope they would do the same for me.

People go through phases. So I could totally see a man wanting to be committed and monogamous for the right girl, as I would for the right guy.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:38 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
I wouldn't date a guy like that. My heart and time are too valuable to waste on "benefit of the doubt".

Old 02-25-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I wouldn't date a guy like that. My heart and time are too valuable to waste on "benefit of the doubt".
Would anything make you change your mind?

Old 02-25-2014, 06:58 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Yap me too. I don't have time for douchebags or playas. They can play in traffic though. I can watch with pleasure.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:58 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I also would not date a guy I knew going in was a player. To many good guys out there who aren't that way, I have no patience for that kind of thing. A guy who treats women in general like commodities, but "not me, because I'm special?" Nah. No thanks.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I also would not date a guy I knew going in was a player. To many good guys out there who aren't that way, I have no patience for that kind of thing. A guy who treats women in general like commodities, but "not me, because I'm special?" Nah. No thanks.
Alright, but isn't it much more meaningful when someone with experience tells you that you are special instead of the guy who has dated only one or two girls his entire life and hasn't experienced dating more women. How can he say you are special when he has only a few women to compare you to?

I don't know why the blame is always put on the guy in this situation. What about the girl that slept with the guy?

Old 02-25-2014, 07:05 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Alright, but isn't it much more meaningful when someone with experience tells you that you are special instead of the guy who has dated only one or two girls his entire life and hasn't experienced dating more women. How can he say you are special when he has only a few women to compare you to?

I don't know why the blame is always put on the guy in this situation. What about the girl that slept with the guy?
Because I am not gonna be sleeping with those girls if ever. Well actually if I did sleep with this player guy I would have had slept indirectly with ALL the girls he slept with his entire life right?

Ewwww no thank you.

And the only special I would get from the 'relationship' is a special discount to valtrex prescription. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Old 02-25-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Because I am not gonna be sleeping with those girls if ever. Well actually if I did sleep with this player guy I would have had slept indirectly with ALL the girls he slept with his entire life right?

Ewwww no thank you.

And the only special I would get from the 'relationship' is a special discount to valtrex prescription. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
LOL! Well for arguments sake lets assume he is STD free thanks to bleach.(hopefully ohiogirl doesn't read this post)

Old 02-25-2014, 07:07 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
If it comes from someone who is a player, to me, it's virtually indistinguishable from any other manipulation, and feels like BS. Why waste the time? I'm not compatible with that.. You seem to imply that the options here are a "player," or a guy with limited relationship experience. Those aren't the only options. I don't expect to be (or have any desire to be) "the one who turned a player around." Someone who operates that way in the first place has totally different values than I do. I'm just not interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships