Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 10:16 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times

Advertisements

I hardly get cold approached and if so, only from men 60+ or guys I am not interested in.

Much younger guys stare at me sometimes. Guys my age mostly avoid eye contact when I come across them (I have been told that I am intimitating for some reason). But when I am driving, I get stares from same age guys.

When I am riding my motorcycle and hang out at the biker spot, guys my age ignore me while 60+ guys stand in line to talk to me. Really odd. If I cold approach a guy, he is usually pretty nice then.

If I could change something - have the CUTE guys my age approach me and not just the old farts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 11:40 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,460,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
How often does or did it happen for you? and your honest opinion if you could change anything you wanted about it, what would you change?
From times gone by, most of those guys feelings of entitlement. And yes, though it's not anything like it used to be, as I'm older than dirt now, getting approached still happens and usually with much more politeness, thank goodness, there's still that once and while young or old one that will give you the attitude if you don't give the response they feel entitled to. It is why I now wear my headphones everywhere. Though one time a young man used that as an opportunity to put his foot near my point of view and start making all kinds of motions to get my attention. That was very scary to say the least, but still, I just shut my eyes and leaned back as if I were even more into the music. Lucky I didn't get a knock to the head.

Also please stop the hokey lines such as "If I were your man, I wouldn't let you ride the bus." Um, Hell, you are on the bus, so how are you going to prevent that buddy. And "Your husband/boyfriend is very lucky, blah, blah, blah, cheese." Then waiting for me to say, yes he is or I don't have one so he can pounce. Can't an old lady just get to her orthopedic doctor without having to hit one person with her cane.

I have to say, I am so grateful for the aging process, things are in no way what it used to be like and I am grateful, I'm not going to lie and say I don't appreciate that some still smile and flirt, but I can do without those entitlement kinds that give me attitude. Sometimes I just want to get in and out of the supermarket without a fuss.

Don't bother asking what I'm wearing, I know what some people are thinking. I'm old fat and dress appropriate for my age, but not matronly. For everyday wear, no tight clothing just average shift type dresses and slimmer leg palazzo pants mostly. There's nothing special about me, I think people just like my scent. And this doesn't happen every single place I go, nor does it happen every day.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:34 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
To get hit on. I feel left out.
Awww.

How about I send one your way.

Hey there Beautiful!!!

Old 03-19-2014, 05:26 PM

421 posts, read 676,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
My daughter (age 22) and I laugh because when we walk together the old gits are eyeing her...and their sons are staring at me!!

Really! Weird but true fact -- the older I get, the younger the guys are that hit on me. Whatever that's about. (FYI, I'm not interested in young guys)
That's funny. This would make a good sit com.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:28 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
How often does or did it happen for you? and your honest opinion if you could change anything you wanted about it, what would you change?

No need to try to change something I cannot control.
I just thank them and move on with my day.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:42 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,790,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I hardly get cold approached and if so, only from men 60+ or guys I am not interested in.

Much younger guys stare at me sometimes. Guys my age mostly avoid eye contact when I come across them (I have been told that I am intimitating for some reason). But when I am driving, I get stares from same age guys.

If I could change something - have the CUTE guys my age approach me and not just the old farts.
Yeah that sounds about like my luck. It has improved from a couple of years ago though where I got hit on by 2 bi-curious women, 1 90 yo who assured me he has lots of money (), and a satanist. Oh yeah and the guy who wanted to lick my forearms. Would have been funny if there'd at least been one attractive prospect out of the bunch. I mean, like if the forearm licker had been at least a little good looking and intelligent or something. . . LOL, And then cute young guys stare at me and I just have to wonder what's going thru their heads--like, did I forget to comb my hair or something? When I was young, I knew exactly what was going thru their heads.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:29 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,506 times
eh, lately...like 1-2 times a week..which is how often I'm around many members of the opposite sex lol. I wish attractive guys that were my age and up would approach me. Oh well, I guess its better than nothing. Although, a really cute guy did come over to our table on Friday night and showed us card tricks. We wound up exchanging #'s but he's 4 years younger :-/. ah well. He thought I was a lot younger than him. No wonder older men never approach. ha.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:35 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,896 times
I used to get hit on ALL THE TIME by nasty, old golfers when I was working front desk at a Myrtle Beach resort. I was 17/18 at the time. In college, I did when I would go out with girlfriends, but I didn't go out too much as I was dating my now husband.

Now at 25, it seems that I get hit on at freakin gas stations and creepy men make remarks at my cute goldendoodle in the car and then try and flirt. Gag.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:36 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Awww.

How about I send one your way.

Hey there Beautiful!!!
I'll take it!!! Thanks!!!

Old 03-19-2014, 09:10 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I used to get hit on ALL THE TIME by nasty, old golfers when I was working front desk at a Myrtle Beach resort. I was 17/18 at the time. In college, I did when I would go out with girlfriends, but I didn't go out too much as I was dating my now husband.

Now at 25, it seems that I get hit on at freakin gas stations and creepy men make remarks at my cute goldendoodle in the car and then try and flirt. Gag.
Ick. Speaking of gas stations. i once had a guy hit on me at a Circle K (I swear that place is creep central!) saying my pants were nice and asking where I got it and if they sell it in men's. Odd way to hit on someone. The cashier lady saved me by making a comment on a keychain I had lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships