Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with it?
Yes I'm a male and I'm ok with it 17 40.48%
No I'm a male and I'm not ok with it 7 16.67%
Yes I'm a female and I'm ok with it 8 19.05%
No I'm a female and I'm not ok with it 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I won't answer the poll because I am not into FWB situations either. Although I ended up in one (mistaken expectations--I thought we had a relationship he did not. It ended because of that).

But coming from a different point of view, if I found out a man I was dating was in a FWB situation and having sex with her... it would be over. Call it what you like, but in my book that's cheating. I've been cheated on before and refuse to tolerate it ever again.
What if you were dating but not exclusive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 11:00 AM

11,363 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I won't answer the poll because I am not into FWB situations either. Although I ended up in one (mistaken expectations--I thought we had a relationship he did not. It ended because of that).

But coming from a different point of view, if I found out a man I was dating was in a FWB situation and having sex with her... it would be over. Call it what you like, but in my book that's cheating. I've been cheated on before and refuse to tolerate it ever again.
My ex wife cheated on me and I can relate.

But it's not cheating if everything is out in the open.
I have no intention to give up my LDR and anyone I may get involved with will know. She is my friend as well.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:05 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
What if you were dating but not exclusive?
I really don't think I could date a man who was having sex with someone else--who else is she having sex with? What if she sees him more as a FWB, will there be a drama-filled love triangle... yuck, yuck, yuck. There are plenty of other men out there for me to put up with that potential drama powder keg.

And if it got to the point where we were going to have sex, then pretty much that goes hand-in-hand with exclusive. Although I messed that up with the last relationship as well (even though in reality we "were" exclusive and I thought we has something more, it got me hurt because he assumed we were FWB). Won't make that mistake again either.

As for the whole sexual compatibility issue that men sometimes bring up... I would hope if a man liked me enough to want to be in a relationship, he would withhold screwing around with other women for a few weeks to see if we can figure it out. If it doesn't work out... then we part ways and he can go back to his FWB.

Last edited by jillabean; 03-19-2014 at 11:13 AM..

Old 03-19-2014, 11:08 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
I always assumed it was understood that a FWB could be having sex with someone else. I would be ok with it.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:09 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Simple question, please vote.

I'm interested in hearing the gender breakdown as well. When I ask this question to people I know id say 70 to 80 percent of the males say they wouldn't care as long as they are still having sex with the woman in question, while with the women a similar percentage(arguably more) will say exclusivity is a must for this type of relationship
If me and a woman were having sex but not dating, I wouldn't care. She's not my girlfriend, I don't care what she does.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:15 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
My understanding of FWB is a friend that you've known for a while, and since neither of you is in a relationship with someone, and not wanting to have random sex with strangers, turn to each other to meet your sexual needs, until such time as one of you finds someone else.

So no, it wouldn't be okay to have sex with me and someone else at the same time. We can just go back to the friend portion of our relationship.
This.^^^^^
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-19-2014, 12:02 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Many people have sex with their FWB with no condoms so I can see how some wouldn't want them sleeping around

Old 03-19-2014, 02:33 PM

374 posts, read 393,172 times
I've always thought the point of a FWB was to have sex when neither one of you have a partner to do it with. I sort of think it's disrespectful to sleep with someone else while you have a FWB situation. You're opening the FWB up to diseases without their knowledge. (if they dont know you're sleeping with someone else)

Old 03-19-2014, 02:49 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
My ex wife cheated on me and I can relate.

But it's not cheating if everything is out in the open.
I have no intention to give up my LDR and anyone I may get involved with will know. She is my friend as well.
Did you catch an std from her?

Old 03-19-2014, 02:58 PM

596 posts, read 627,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
They're my friends. I encourage them to date, get out there and live life. If that means we stop sleeping together, no biggie. The friendship is what stands the test of time.

Exclusivity with a FWB doesn't make sense to me, that sounds like a committed bf/gf relationship.
It has more to do with the fact that you don't want to be dipping your thing into a cooch infested cave... I mean really, I don't think its a matter of being exclusive in the sense that you can't see other people but when you throw sex into the equation, why would you want to sleep with someone that's also sleeping with possibly 3 other people or more in a given week or two?

At some point, someone would be bounded to contract something...all for an "Easy" FWB deal...no thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships