Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 08:00 AM

3 posts, read 2,840 times

Advertisements

My long distance boyfriend got really distant for weeks until lately, we have talked about it and everything is back to normal. However, few things changed. He doesn't post anything about us on instagram like he used to, he just posts random things and he even posted a pic of a half naked model on his page. I didn't like it, I find it a little disrespectful but I didn't say anything, it's his page he can do whatever pleases him. Yesterday he changed his profile pic to a pic with this girl he is friends with, who has a huge crush on him... but this is not the first time he does it, he already did it before and when I confronted him about it, he said that it was an inside joke between them. But now he did it again. Also today is my birthday.. he called me last night to wish me a happy birthday, afterwards he posted 3 random pictures on instagram, a pic of his car and 2 selfies and he changed his profile pic. He didn't even send me a sweet birthday message and didn't post anything about me like most boyfriends do. He didn't post a pic of me since the first week of November 2014, he had that he was taken in his bio but he removed that also long ago... I'm having doubts about him... could he be pretending to be single?
He already did in the past, we broke up and got back together after 6 months..
Btw we have been together for 2 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 08:17 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,850 times
Do you really need to ask this? Do you need it spelled out any more clearly? You know what's going on.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:36 AM

32,638 posts, read 48,005,355 times
Catch a clue. Your relationship is past its sell-by date.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:08 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
I think it's safe to say....it's over.

Time to move on.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:11 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Have you actually met this guy or is this one of those fantasy Internet relationship deals? That will affect my answer.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:22 AM

3 posts, read 2,840 times
Thank you for your reply. We are both 22.
I have met him several times, he comes to visit me and I got visit him as well. I know his family and he knows mine as well. We are in a serious relationship and I am planning on moving to his area next fall but I'm having doubts now because of this..

Old 01-18-2015, 09:31 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfite View Post
I have met him several times, he comes to visit me and I got visit him as well. I know his family and he knows mine as well. We are in a serious relationship and I am planning on moving to his area next fall but I'm having doubts now because of this..
Here's some important information as you approach adulthood: "Serious relationships" are not conducted on facebook, instagram, or text message.

Find someone local. Why torture yourself by trying to live life on a screen?

Old 01-18-2015, 10:02 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,360,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Have you actually met this guy or is this one of those fantasy Internet relationship deals? That will affect my answer.
Wow - I thought you were way off-base since the OP said this was a 2 year relationship....but you were right on the nose!

Old 01-18-2015, 10:05 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,360,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfite View Post
Meeting several times over a span of 2 years does not constitute a romantic relationship - don't kid yourself that knowing each other's families makes it any more serious or "real". Maybe YOU don't need much of a physical relationship but I can pretty much guarantee the guy you're "seeing" does and he's not getting it with you. You even call them meetings and not dates! Sorry, but you both need to find more mature relationships with more mature people.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:11 AM

122 posts, read 217,138 times
Come on. Read your own words. You have the answer to your question in your post. Don't waste another second, life is way to short to waste time on someone that will most likely NOT be in your future. Best of luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships