Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:31 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Thanks, Dew. Obviously if Burgler doesn't mind paying for his lady friend this is all a moot point, but in a larger sense yeah, paying for things isn't what makes a man a good man. It puts a lot of pressure on men to have to throw money that they may not have around; pressure that isn't necessary because many women are happy to contribute (if not equally) whatever they can to a relationship.
One thing though, I see a lot of "Latino Culture" being thrown around and stuff. Honestly, most women I deal with, whether it's colombia, peru, india, chile or mexico.. most aren't out there for your money and most don't really care how much you spend.

The Mexican girl I dated was a bit annoying, but that wasn't a cultural thing.. that was her issue of being spoiled lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 08:32 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
These are the exact words OK. There are many reasons a man might want to pay for everything -- it probably rarely is because the man thinks that is what makes him a man. It was a complete put down on men in general in my opinion. And frankly, I'm tired of seeing this war by the genders on this board .
It wasn't meant to be a take down of men. What I was trying to say is that the men who expect to pay for everything can go after the women who expect to be paid for, and that leaves the path clear for those of us in the middle. No gender war intended.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:34 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Well the shoe seemed to fit
It's hilarious when the pious ones show their true colors. Jesus would be so proud.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:37 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
Quote:
It wasn't meant to be a take down of men. What I was trying to say is that the men who expect to pay for everything can go after the women who expect to be paid for, and that leaves the path clear for those of us in the middle. No gender war implied.
Well that adds some understanding to your earlier words. I'd say that most men I've known over the years who do pay for everything already know they are men, they don't need to do this to prove they are men, they do it because they simply want to take care of the woman. Some women can handle this behavior and some can't and that only means they may not be a good fit for each other, not that there is anything wrong with men who like to do these kinds of things for a woman.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:37 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
It wasn't meant to be a take down of men. What I was trying to say is that the men who expect to pay for everything can go after the women who expect to be paid for, and that leaves the path clear for those of us in the middle. No gender war implied.
I agree, and it needn't be a put down of men to acknowledge that there are men who seem threatened by the prospect of a woman contributing anything. Those guys exist, as do women who feel threatened by contributing. Neither is healthy, in my opinion.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:38 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Well the shoe seemed to fit
Then you obviously haven't been around long enough. Quick to judge aren't you. Oh and if you don't like gender wars on a forum you know where the door is.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:40 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
These are the exact words OK. There are many reasons a man might want to pay for everything -- it probably rarely is because the man thinks that is what makes him a man. It was a complete put down on men in general in my opinion. And frankly, I'm tired of seeing this war by the genders on this board .
Yes, it's much better to turn on your own gender and call other women bimbos.

I didn't see it as a gender war thing at all. But please, continue to call other women bimbos.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:42 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes, it's much better to turn on your own gender and call other women bimbos.

I didn't see it as a gender war thing at all. But please, continue to call other women bimbos.
I pay no attention to what gender someone is when I read their posts unless by their name it is obvious. I also don't support a statement simply because they are the same gender I am.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:44 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
One thing though, I see a lot of "Latino Culture" being thrown around and stuff. Honestly, most women I deal with, whether it's colombia, peru, india, chile or mexico.. most aren't out there for your money and most don't really care how much you spend.

The Mexican girl I dated was a bit annoying, but that wasn't a cultural thing.. that was her issue of being spoiled lol.
When I was talking about the culture - I wasn't trying to imply that at all. If, in a given culture, the man is expected to take the lead in asking out, paying for dates, deciding where to go, etc. - then it makes sense that the women would expect this and not be pleased if the man did not do these things. This doesn't mean that she's out for your money or anything - just that she was raised to expect a certain behavior from men.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:46 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Well that adds some understanding to your earlier words. I'd say that most men I've known over the years who do pay for everything already know they are men, they don't need to do this to prove they are men, they do it because they simply want to take care of the woman. Some women can handle this behavior and some can't and that only means they may not be a good fit for each other, not that there is anything wrong with men who like to do these kinds of things for a woman.
My statement was more of a direct response to the actual people on this thread who said that a real man doesn't let a woman pay for anything, or the guys who feel like they're not rich enough to date, or the posters who said that a woman making more than him is demeaning. That's a different story than just having a preference for generosity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships