Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 05:07 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I didn't say it was my age or my virginity that is the problem. Nobody knows I am a virgin. But I am sure it would come up if I met a guy I am intimate with, and he might be turned off by that.

A lot of the guys on my social anxety forum believe it's impossible for a woman to be a virgin very late in age, and they think it's only a male problem. And so they say if they found out a woman was a virgin late in age, they wouldn't want her.

My problem is because I have social anxiety and I am ugly. So not only do I not have the looks, but I also don't have a personality to bring men in.
As a guy, I think that should be the least of your worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 05:21 PM

255 posts, read 407,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
As a guy, I think that should be the least of your worries.
Well you don't walk in my shoes, and you don't know me. So what I worry about or what I don't worry about isn't up to you just because you're a guy. You don't get a say in that.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:51 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,903,386 times
Quote:
I'm a 27 year old woman who is still a virgin...
Heeeeeeeeey, Ashley!

You'll be fine. Not to commodify you, buuuuuut ... (lol!) you're a hot commodity. Just based off of that post alone. Please embrace it.

*Heartfelt applause for @Ashley868 *

Old 04-01-2014, 06:56 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
Quote:
Well you don't walk in my shoes, and you don't know me. So what I worry about or what I don't worry about isn't up to you just because you're a guy. You don't get a say in that.
I been in your shoes so I know what you're going through . You can feel what ever way you want but your over thinking things too much .

Old 04-01-2014, 07:00 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:

Retract those claws fer chryssakes!

Three guys, including me, responded to your statement that a guy "might be turned off" by your virginity:
Me: "should be the least of your worries"
krieger: "I find it hard to believe"
Usernamesake:"you're a hot commodity"

but go ahead and believe what you want about how men might be turned off by virgins.
Your reaction just reinforced the fact that your lack of success with men lies elsewhere.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
Quote:

Three guys, including me, responded to your statement that a guy "might be turned off" by your virginity:

but go ahead and believe what you want about how men might be turned off by virgins.
Your reaction just reinforced the fact that your lack of success with men lies elsewhere.
I will say most woman are a little turned off by male virgins past a certain age . Most guy will not care about that for the most part.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:12 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
I would take loved and lost over nothing. I've had both and the experience made the "nothing" more endurable.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:12 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,903,386 times
Quote:

but go ahead and believe what you want about how men might be turned off by virgins...

(and, btw, I'm not trying to invalidate your feelings by posting that thumbs up, Ashley)

Old 04-01-2014, 07:31 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
I rather have any kind of experience and learn from it and pass my wisdom down then to live a life of knowing nothing and being lost in the world. With that said, its so much better to love and lose. At least you know how it is to love and cherish the times you spend with the people that matter most to you.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:51 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
It can be said of nearly anything. Would you rather watch life from the safety of the sidelines and wallow in naïveté? Or would you rather taste the wine, smell the ocean air, and squeeze all the sugar you can out of this life before it's over?

You can't know pleasure without the pain. Take your defeats, your losses, your disappointments. Learn to grow from them and always leave room for discovery and curiosity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships