Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 04:40 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,916 times

Advertisements

I agree with those who think the age difference is not that much. Now, I have a close friend who is 54 and she's dating a 32 year old man. NOW that's a bit of a difference. But in your case - I wouldn't worry. Good luck to you and I hope it works out great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 04:46 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
My observation has been that with anyone who questions an age gap, it doesn't work out. For those where an age gap exists and it has worked out, neither party ever questioned it.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:17 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisFilS View Post
Dear all,

could you please advise me. I'm 24 years old and I love so much one girl. We're together for almost 6 months. And I could say that our relationships look like miracle because we have very strong feeling that we searched each other for entire life. Pure happiness But there is one thing... she is 32. Yes, I understand that there is an obvious answer: if you love each other, age is not the barrier. But what about realistic point of view? She is in the age when only right choices should take place. It is time to find a reliable man, make children and etc. Yes, I want it too, but... I don't know what is going to be in 10 years. I will be 34 and it means I could make mistakes now while she couldn't. But I love her so much and don't want to hurt her in the future if anything will change!! Just want a mature analysis of such situation.

So, do you have any experience of serious relationships where man is much younger than woman?
My ex-husband was 24 when he met me - I was 30. Yes we divorced many years later, but age wasn't a factor. My current BF is 10 years younger than I.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My ex-husband was 24 when he met me - I was 30. Yes we divorced many years later, but age wasn't a factor. My current BF is 10 years younger than I.
How are those young bucks?

Old 04-01-2014, 07:27 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
If you guys like, love, are really fond of each other than keep the relationship going. Take your time with the relationship. If she decides she wants to have a kid, have a family and all that and you don't, then you guys will figure out where you want to go from there. The best thing I can say is just enjoy the times you have together. As for mistakes, she's only 32 and still can make mistakes like yourself. Who knows, she's probably not all that mature for her age. Age doesn't always equate to maturity. And if she is mature, then learn from her, take in her experience and wisdom and strive to be a better adult for yourself and for the both of you.

I'm in a similar situation. The lady I am dating is 37 and I am 27, 10 years older than I. We might not last much longer since she's contemplating having children and I certainly don't want that but for the mean time we re enjoying what we have, enjoying the journey and seeing where we go.

I've learned a few things from her being older and in turn she's even learned a few things from me. Sometimes you're only as old as you make yourself to be.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:52 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
My father's second wife was 20 years older than him, and they were together until the day she died. It can certainly be a lasting relationship.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:59 AM

4 posts, read 21,992 times
All,

thanks so much for your replies! Was so busy at work, so checking forum only now.

Just to give more information:

1) Despite our difference in age I feel like the one who is leading our relationships. Once she told me that she is feeling like a little girl with me.
2) We've got the same visions and goals in life. It's true. We're even working in one company. Yes, one thing is true that maybe I would like to party a little more. But I understand that it is really hard to meet your person nowadays. We share common interests and mind settings. And one more thing.. She is super sexy. And she used to be a glamour clubs-oriented chick who preferred elder rich guys. After we met she broke with one rich businessman (owner of wholesale distributor company). And now she is telling me that want kids from me. Actually, before I was sure that I'm gonna to have kids at 30s. But now I understand that I want a kid from this woman :-)

Thanks once again for you advices!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:01 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
My father's second wife was 20 years older than him, and they were together until the day she died. It can certainly be a lasting relationship.
Wow!! Hope she left him some money.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:24 AM

All, thanks once again for your advices. Yesterday we made the big step - started to live together. Not just for the test period, but completely - we've moved from our apartments and started to rent shared one. After the conversation we decided to try. Yes, there was one point from her side if we will marry one day or not. And my answer was: "I'm going to make hand-made postcards. 2 or 3 per week. Actually, I'm logistics manager in one of the biggest and well-known multinational FMCG company (Russian office) and I've never created any hand made stuff in my life. Moreover, I work almost 14 hours per day. But I will find time during the week to start creating these postcards and then sell it for 5$ each. Yes, it is not significant amount of money, but when it will be enough for proposal ring (earned from these postcards) - I will propose you. So, we will have time to discover better each other and you will be 100% sure that I'm on my way for wedding":-) so, one small thing: finally push myself to find time and starting to make my promise come true)

Old 04-11-2014, 01:59 AM

Finally, I made it)

Handmade Postcard with Cat Help Me to Make A Proposal to My Girlfriend | eBay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships