Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:11 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I'm curious if "a lot" of men like fat women as the OP said, why do the majority of high status men such as entertainers, actors, and athletes (men with unlimited options) all date slender not overweight women? You'd think if it was "a lot" you'd see more than a handful of anecdotal examples.
Because usually those type of men can get the type of woman they really want, they don't have to settle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 07:13 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Because usually those type of men can get the type of woman they really want, they don't have to settle.
My point exactly. "A lot" of men don't like fat women. They can't do better.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:21 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times
Quote:
Men that can attain women who are not overweight normally don't go after fat chicks. Outside a niche fetish of chubby chasers the majority of men with options will not choose fattys over fit.

There is a huge difference between curvaceous and flab rolls.
I often chose fat over fit when I was single. It was a matter of preference. It's not a fetish any more than having a preference for blondes or a certain ethnicity is. And it was a matter of being unable to land fit/slender women, as I managed this many times. I just found I liked the "company" of bigger girls more than that of leaner girls.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:33 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I often chose fat over fit when I was single. It was a matter of preference. It's not a fetish any more than having a preference for blondes or a certain ethnicity is. And it was a matter of being unable to land fit/slender women, as I managed this many times. I just found I liked the "company" of bigger girls more than that of leaner girls.
Everyone rationalizes their place in life

Old 04-09-2014, 07:37 AM

409 posts, read 497,670 times
I would have to say that me and several of my other friends ribbed a friend of ours for his GF.

The first one being a woman whose face you'd have to cover with a paper bag (she went to my middle school) and my friend who went to an I.B middle school couldn't even believe that she was a girl.

In sophomore year that friend started dating a girl that was twice his size and again, the group of us ribbed him.

Junior year, he started dating a cute/petite underclassman and we just ****'d.

Also, we were all still single. (I still am). Youth eh.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:38 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times
Quote:
Everyone rationalizes their place in life
If that's what you have to say to make yourself feel better when someone shares something that defies your argument. Go right ahead and believe what you want to believe. Go ahead and "rationalize" to yourself your close mindedness.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:57 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,990,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
No need to facepalm 14Bricks, if you like chubby black girls I am not judging you.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:11 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,448,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
You got that right.

Damn straight. (I stole that.)

Old 04-09-2014, 08:26 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
No need to facepalm 14Bricks, if you like chubby black girls I am not judging you.
I faced palmed at your racism and asininity.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:42 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,734,163 times
I'm not slender, and at my measurements I have a curvy hourglass figure. I fluctuate between 14 and 16 depending on certain things and have to buy bras either online, custom made or at a specialty European boutique in my area. I work out six days a week and have completed my third round of Insanity recently and ran a half marathon in March despite my being plus-sized (smaller side of that or not - it is what I am). My fiancé is very athletic and fit. He is a former paratrooper and can run a half marathon without all of the training that I needed to do.

With that said, I have a good job and am very independent. I take good care of myself, have goals, and am a stable, loyal partner.

I have no idea why anyone would judge him based upon my appearance, because the things that truly matter between us aren't all looks-based, but rather being able to share with each other and have compassion/empathy for each other's individual struggles. I would like to think anyone that was a true friend to him would be happy that he's happy, regardless of how his lady looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships