Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 10:05 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
But what if it is his wife or serious girlfriend? Would you still make fun of him then?
I already said that as long as it isn't his wife or current girlfriend. You saw that already and even bolded it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 10:54 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
Nah.
People like what they like, why would I care?

Old 04-09-2014, 10:57 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
I've heard men bash other men for liking thin women (especially those with small breasts), implying they must be "gay" because those women supposedly look like boys. I've seen anything short of some plastic mannequin "perfection" get mocked as undesirable and those who go for it also mocked.

Why men care about what other men like, I do not know. Perhaps they like to keep some "objective" standard so they can "win" when they get a "hot" woman.

I'm sure there is criticism for liking big women too.
But my sister is rather fat lately and the guys still dig her openly. I think a pretty face and good proportions make a difference too.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 PM

256 posts, read 342,947 times
I think only immature guys still in high school care about who their friends date, and well, sadly those in college who still hang around high schools tend to do the same. Those who have matured past the "bro pack" mentality don't give a flying flip who their friends date unless the girl is truly bad for the guy.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:25 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I've heard men bash other men for liking thin women (especially those with small breasts), implying they must be "gay" because those women supposedly look like boys. I've seen anything short of some plastic mannequin "perfection" get mocked as undesirable and those who go for it also mocked.
Odd.

That's the type of women I typically date, I think it's attractive. I used to be a pretty slim guy too though, filling out now that I'm 30 and have been going to the gym for 8 years, but my tastes haven't changed..

It could just be that your sister is really friendly and approachable. That makes a huge difference. Dudes are kind of like electricity, we choose the path with the least resistance!

Old 04-10-2014, 04:49 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
I already said that as long as it isn't his wife or current girlfriend. You saw that already and even bolded it.
Sometimes I forget about who I am talking to around here. You can seldom ask a question without a lame smarta$$ response. You can seldom ask a question designed to make someone think twice and have it actually invoke some critical thought.

Since you missed it where I was going with this, let me spell it out for you. All wives and serious girlfriends were not wives and serious girlfriends with their partners at one point. Something happened that drew them together. Circumstances. A chance meeting. A friend introduces them. At one point in a relationship, a wife and a serious girlfriend may be little more than a person of interest to your friend. Now you say you won't make fun of your friends if their wife or serious girlfriend is overweight, but did it ever occur to you the overweight girl with whom they went on a first date the night prior may eventually be a wife or serious girlfriend? And if that is the case, do you not agree it would be better to keep your flap shut than to potentially alienate a friend later down the road?

Just a thought.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:00 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
There is. I don't think there is even any room to question whether there is or isn't. It's real. The more important question to a guy who likes bigger girls is "does he care about the criticism?" I was sensitive to it when I first started dating bigger girls, but I matured to the point now where I don't really care what others think.

Also, I've found women to be as bad or worse than guys when it comes to dating bigger girls. I think generally girls are harder on other girls anyway, so some girls being ruthless to bigger girls and the men who date them is not really a surprise to me.

Quote:
But my sister is rather fat lately and the guys still dig her openly. I think a pretty face and good proportions make a difference too.
Absolutely. Every time I mention I like bigger girls some idiot has to post a picture of Honey Boo-Boo's mom and say, "You'd hit that?" Of course not. Just because I like bigger girls doesn't mean I like ALL bigger girls. And as a married man, I wouldn't "hit" any woman who isn't my wife. (For the slang illiterate, "hit" was in quotes because in this context it means "have sex with" and not the traditional meaning of "assault." You have to spell these things out on CD sometimes.) But even before I was married I was pretty selective about who I dated. Having a pretty face and well proportioned body is a blessing for a woman. The size of said body is of less importance to me. A pretty face and nice proportions make all the difference, at least for me.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:02 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,736,446 times
Quote:
Also, I've found women to be as bad or worse than guys when it comes to dating bigger girls. I think generally girls are harder on other girls anyway, so some girls being ruthless to bigger girls and the men who date them is not really a surprise to me.
This is true, I think. Partially because most women view everything as a competition as opposed to positively supporting one another and thinking that we can all make it. This can be about competing for attention from men, too, and when they perceive that a man they want attention from would "lower his standards" to be with a bigger girl, they can get mean and catty when they're not getting the attention they want from men. (I have always done my very best to avoid this type of woman and have maintained friendships with women who like to build each other up as opposed to tear each other down)

What bothers me a lot is when people think thin is synonymous with beautiful and that larger is synonymous with ugly. It's not necessarily true. There are many a thin women who are ugly and many larger women who are beautiful.

I also wonder why every post is always geared toward men being interested in larger women, but I never see threads posted that say, "Ladies! Do you judge your friends for dating fatties?"

Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Since you missed it where I was going with this, let me spell it out for you. All wives and serious girlfriends were not wives and serious girlfriends with their partners at one point. Something happened that drew them together. Circumstances. A chance meeting. A friend introduces them. At one point in a relationship, a wife and a serious girlfriend may be little more than a person of interest to your friend. Now you say you won't make fun of your friends if their wife or serious girlfriend is overweight, but did it ever occur to you the overweight girl with whom they went on a first date the night prior may eventually be a wife or serious girlfriend? And if that is the case, do you not agree it would be better to keep your flap shut than to potentially alienate a friend later down the road?

Just a thought.
Nope. It kind of goes back to the old "Bros before **'s" saying. If they are not "serious" then its open season, once it gets serious, AND I (we) get to know the girl as well, then we don't give him a hard time. But if its just a date, or if he says he finds some obese woman attractive, we are like "Dude wtf?!?!?".

Old 04-10-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I've heard men bash other men for liking thin women (especially those with small breasts), implying they must be "gay" because those women supposedly look like boys. I've seen anything short of some plastic mannequin "perfection" get mocked as undesirable and those who go for it also mocked. .
This one I haven't seen before. I guess because a lot of the people I know are athletic and into fitness so many of the women are not your typical big boob types. Ive never heard of anyone I know bash another dude for dating a gal with flat boobs. This is new to me. I actually find women with smaller boobs more attractive though. Don't get me wrong, bigger (as in cup size) is nice, but bigger boobs just aren't all that important to me.

Quote:
Why men care about what other men like, I do not know. Perhaps they like to keep some "objective" standard so they can "win" when they get a "hot" woman. .
Men don't really care that much. Although, men do not want to be seen with the one night stand types. This is why those women are NEVER brought around the guys. They are kept to those late night sneaking creeping booty call sessions. They are not to be brought around friends.

Quote:
Good proportions, pretty face, and most of all, if they have pleasant personality to go with it will always be desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships