Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has better dating prospects?
Unemployed millionaire 11 78.57%
Physician with 0 savings in bank 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 03:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How would anyone know the first guy's a millionaire and the second guy has a 0 bank account? Do they wear signs stating this?
Or maybe they post on CD stating this and enclosing their photo and address.

Seriously this is a silly thread. A millionaire wouldn't need a job and why is a physician unemployed when he can start his own practice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 03:57 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_frog View Post
but i just finished working out and all i had left were edible underbritches and...not real shoes?

lol

Old 04-10-2014, 03:58 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times
I really don't get the purpose of this poll. Neither choice casts women in a particularly bad light, at least not in relation to the other choice. I'm confused.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:58 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Or maybe they post on CD stating this and enclosing their photo and address.

Seriously this is a silly thread. A millionaire wouldn't need a job and why is a physician unemployed when he can start his own practice?
The physician in this scenario is employed but just has no savings whatsoever.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
lol
You're either talking about sandals, or SOCKS with sandals, or you're talking about some kinda sockshoe or something. If you're talking about Socks with sandals or sockshoes, I don't think I want to live in that kind of world.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:01 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How would anyone know the first guy's a millionaire and the second guy has a 0 bank account? Do they wear signs stating this?

Haven't you seen that commercial where people are walking around displaying their nest egg value?

Old 04-10-2014, 05:08 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,647 times
OP, millionaire has millions already and many of the rich heirs tend to be "unemployed" or "employed" in their family business ran by their relative (either parent or one of their siblings or something). Many millionaires and rich heirs are even registered as stay-at-home parents in official statistics because they often rent other homes to physicians that you describe, or students or even other families, etc.
Please note that if a millionaire has millions deposited in cash, that's what only a pack few millionaires have - since most of them are so-called "paper millionaires" (having their "money" residing in a single and very expensive house and very little savings, spending cash to school their children and other stuff, etc... or other scenarios like that).

This comparison isn't fair, because the second guy will be considered as a lavish fool who spends cash on gambling, cars, prostitutes, travels and other "fun stuff".

Old 04-10-2014, 05:20 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
Probably whichever one is more personable and outgoing. Like Ruth said, no one is going to know either person's net worth unless they are running around bragging about it (in which case, one guy would be bragging he's rich and the other guy would be bragging he's rich too because he makes so much). Although all else being equal (assuming these two men have exactly the same personality and charm), I think the millionaire who doesn't work has an edge because he has more time to socialize and meet people (and therefore women) because the doctor is working.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:25 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
I said unemployed millionaire because someone who makes $250,000 a year and has zero savings has a psychological problem/gambling/spending addiction, or a collection of ex's he's paying alimony to. In any case it's a huge red flag. If you said physician who made little money because he works for Doctors without Borders or a free clinic in a poor area or something else selfless, THAT I would find appealing, but not just blowing through hundreds of thousands a year for no good reason.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:42 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Depends on where. Where I live, a million in the bank (we're assuming just cash) will net your conservatively 30-40k a year before taxes. Not much at all. 5mil compensation is what? 3.5 mil, so 100k a year before taxes... any other assets? A house? Details make a difference. 100k in Boston is upper middle class, and not an extravagant life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships