Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 03:31 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It's definitely better, but the other problem that crops up is that effort isn't easy. Some people (as evidenced in this forum) are lazy and want the easiest route to something while putting in as little effort as possible. What you want out of life, you have to work for to achieve, it's never going to be handed to you.

I do agree that men really shouldn't have to take issue with other men, poor choice of words on my part, but for the lazy guys who like to point the finger of blame, it's pointing in the wrong direction.

??? How/what exactly do hot guys have to "work for to achieve" when women are falling all over them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
There we go! And now we can close the forum to all the whiner threads and leave it for people who have legitimate relationship issues!! (Okay, now I know I'm delusional, I should go lie down.)

It would be preferable that you lay down.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
It really all depends.

It can be the female's fault because she could take way to far and become either too bitter or paranoid to the point where she refuses to give anyone a chance, and then complains about she can't get a man.

OR

It could be the male's fault for her coming out like that in the first place. It is understandable when a person becomes guarded or a little more weary of people in terms of relationships. I know what that pain feels like, it's not fun, and it's really difficult to put yourself out there again and become vulnerable with someone else. Especially when you feel like you will never click with anyone else ever again.

There some people who even blame the ones who are deceived for BEING deceived. This is something I do not agree with. A lot of people associate falling in love with weakness out their own bitterness. I just think people should heal and move at their own pace. Shouldn't blame others because of how they feel.

All we are saying...is give piece a chance?

Old 04-11-2014, 03:54 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
It would be preferable that you lay down.
Lay what down?

Old 04-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think empathy is the answer, more than anger.

These guys who rage on the forum about women, I don't think they actually know any women. I don't think they view women as people they can be close friends with, without wanting to F them.

And, consequently, they have no clue why women do what they do. Or why they (the guys) are so unattractive to women.

And yes, if those guys could encourage each other to have more empathy for women and treat them with genuine kindness, they would all get laid much more. But I don't think they really want that, deep down. After all, who wants to sleep with someone they hate?

Sigh, just sigh.

Again (sigh) you have to first get into a relationship. If you're inept at that, empathy and kindness won't get you laid at all. never mind more.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:18 PM

867 posts, read 909,510 times
Quote:
It's definitely better, but the other problem that crops up is that effort isn't easy. Some people (as evidenced in this forum) are lazy and want the easiest route to something while putting in as little effort as possible. What you want out of life, you have to work for to achieve, it's never going to be handed to you.

I do agree that men really shouldn't have to take issue with other men, poor choice of words on my part, but for the lazy guys who like to point the finger of blame, it's pointing in the wrong direction.
To be honest, I think you are being sympathetic to a group of men who can't appreciate sympathy much less any other relateable emotion. If a finger has to be pointed somewhere that finger has to be pointed at the self definitely not other women or men.

The reality is these men aren't in a relationship and can't be in a relationship because they shouldn't be in a relationship i.e. they're neurotic. After reading their posts on here in my short time on here their, "pity me," threads start out childish then when they don't get the pity they desire become hostile. I wouldn't want any female family member to date these men so I wouldn't want any woman to date these men.

It's not society's fault it's not women's fault it's not men's fault it's all their fault. Until they are willing to see a mental health professional and work on themselves they will never be in a relationship and they shouldn't be.

So do I believe your first post is too simplistic. Yes. I think Timberline made rational points which Jillabean agreed with but my disagreement is for these men anything rational will fall on deaf ears. They need serious mental health treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships