Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:04 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
He's trying to make the case how his insecurity and possessiveness actually line up with her career goals.
I think he just wanted to show off a pic of his gf's feet. He WANTS other men to envy him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 10:05 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,996,892 times
Would she be wrong to complain you convinced her to send you a picture of her feet which you then publicized on an open forum? Did she know this is what you intended with the picture? If she were a CD poster and stumbled up this picture how would she react?

Old 04-11-2014, 10:08 AM

434 posts, read 684,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinna View Post
Hi all!

This thread is about on my GF's attire to work. Today, I got her to take a picture of her feet today at her desk for me, check it out. The reason why I'm posting this now is because I want to get your opinion on whether I have valid reason to raise the topic. I've already expressed my concern about wearing clothes to work and she's gotten a "warning" from a manager at work for overly exposed attire. It is a professional environment with a diverse staff.

Her argument when talking about the topic is always the same - "a girl should always look fabulous" and "other girls dress more 'slutty'." As a measure of judgment, let's use her flip flops she often wears to work, including today. Feet "fetishes" are the most common type of "fetish" (http://goo.gl/Ekfb3z]. I love girls feet, as do other men, and she knows that. She happens to keep her toes pretty ( as you can see), which is awesome. lol

My question is:

Am I in the wrong for saying something like:

"Hey, I don't really like when to see you wear those sandals to work because I don't want other guys looking at your cute feet when you're at work. A lot of guys like feet."?
Her feet are okay. What about guys who find the nape of a woman's neck sexy? Should your GF cover her neck at work also? What about a pretty face? Are you living in a Muslim country? Clearly, in a professional business environment, exposing too much breast or wearing that "little black dress" is probably inappropriate, but feet, c'mon!

Old 04-11-2014, 10:08 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,716,751 times
Yeah I don't see any reason for you to really freak out about. I mean she's just showing her feet. Some places are strict about that, but it seems you are just being insecure about other men looking at her. Well if your girlfriend is attractive then that is going to happen.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:10 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,364,716 times
Her work attire is none of your business. That's between her and her company.

You're using that as an excuse for your own insecurities and need to control her attire.

You both need to grow up.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:12 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think he just wanted to show off a pic of his gf's feet. He WANTS other men to envy him.

Envious of toes?

Now I've heard everything.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:12 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,530 times
Nobody OWNS anyone. Let your gf wear what makes her happy. If you are secure, it won't bother you. I never understood this idea to want your gf to look homely/ dressed down so as to keep others from looking at her. I have always been of the mindset to let your women be who she wants to be. If she wants to dress hot-go with it. If anything it will make you look good for being with her.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:16 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Envious of toes?

Now I've heard everything.
He wants you guys to talk about how sexy her feet are.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:20 AM

678 posts, read 1,064,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinna View Post
Hi all!

This thread is about on my GF's attire to work. Today, I got her to take a picture of her feet today at her desk for me, check it out. The reason why I'm posting this now is because I want to get your opinion on whether I have valid reason to raise the topic. I've already expressed my concern about wearing clothes to work and she's gotten a "warning" from a manager at work for overly exposed attire. It is a professional environment with a diverse staff.

Her argument when talking about the topic is always the same - "a girl should always look fabulous" and "other girls dress more 'slutty'." As a measure of judgment, let's use her flip flops she often wears to work, including today. Feet "fetishes" are the most common type of "fetish" (http://goo.gl/Ekfb3z]. I love girls feet, as do other men, and she knows that. She happens to keep her toes pretty ( as you can see), which is awesome. lol

My question is:

Am I in the wrong for saying something like:

"Hey, I don't really like when to see you wear those sandals to work because I don't want other guys looking at your cute feet when you're at work. A lot of guys like feet."?
Yes you have a valid reason but not the reason you've given her. If it's a professional work environment and her manager has already warned her, you need to make it about sandals not being professional in the a work environment that requires professional dress. Your statement doesn't make it about the work environment it makes it about exactly what she was hoping...her nicely painted toenails, her sandals and her feet. You've accidentally given her what she wanted...attention .

You should have said to her, "You look very nice but are you sure you want to wear those shoes to work? You might want to take an extra pair just in case the boss doesn't think they are professional."

Old 04-11-2014, 10:20 AM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
I think you need to find a girlfriend with a different definition of "looking fabulous". Overexposing oneself (I assume your concerns aren't limited to her feet) isn't necessary to look fabulous. But still, it's pretty weird to want her to wear a burqa on her feet because you're afraid of other men with foot fetishes. And those are some awfully expensive sandals, it looks like, if those are brand and not designer knock-offs. Does she spend a lot of money on clothes and shoes? You both sound pretty young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships