Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 12:08 PM

434 posts, read 685,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinna View Post
In a professional office?
As a person who lived in California for more than 30 years, yes, women in warm climates wear more casual attire than women in colder climates, included sandals and other open-toed shoes in professional business environments. They blow off panty hose, too. And they are not perceived of as unprofessional because of their attire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 12:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
I forget to mention the context, which may or may not make a difference. We are planning to get engaged, married, and have children in the near future. 3 year relationship.
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome!

We are no-where near using the word "Taliban" in regards to this here inquiry of mine. Very casual relationship actually. It's just a matter of respect as a girl in a relationship. We can focus on the shoes, but my point is overall attire.
Quote:
We are indeed young and as my future wife, I am concerned with her wearing un-professional attire at work. That is between her and I. I think. No?
Which is it? Serious relationship or casual?

Regardless, you do not have a right to tell your girlfriend what to wear. Ever. She is an adult and may dress how she pleases. If you don't like it, you are free to find someone else. End of story.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:13 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
Open toed shoes are not ok at my workplace, but your reason OP makes you sound pretty weird and would creep me out.

I freely admit that the foot fetish people weird me out.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:46 PM

26 posts, read 22,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Open toed shoes are not ok at my workplace, but your reason OP makes you sound pretty weird and would creep me out.

I freely admit that the foot fetish people weird me out.
I just used that to backup my argument with feet being the most popular fetish. lol

I can see how you interpreted that.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Which is it? Serious relationship or casual?

Regardless, you do not have a right to tell your girlfriend what to wear. Ever. She is an adult and may dress how she pleases. If you don't like it, you are free to find someone else. End of story.
It's serious.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:55 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Hi all!

This thread is about on my GF's attire to work. Today, I got her to take a picture of her feet today at her desk for me, check it out. The reason why I'm posting this now is because I want to get your opinion on whether I have valid reason to raise the topic. I've already expressed my concern about wearing clothes to work and she's gotten a "warning" from a manager at work for overly exposed attire. It is a professional environment with a diverse staff.

Her argument when talking about the topic is always the same - "a girl should always look fabulous" and "other girls dress more 'slutty'." As a measure of judgment, let's use her flip flops she often wears to work, including today. Feet "fetishes" are the most common type of "fetish" (http://goo.gl/Ekfb3z]. I love girls feet, as do other men, and she knows that. She happens to keep her toes pretty ( as you can see), which is awesome. lol

My question is:

Am I in the wrong for saying something like:

"Hey, I don't really like when to see you wear those sandals to work because I don't want other guys looking at your cute feet when you're at work. A lot of guys like feet."?
Sorry man but you are wrong here. Let her do what she wants. Do you really want to be known as a controlling bf?

Old 04-11-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If she is dressing inappropriately, that is something for HR to deal with, not you.

I can't guess on what might be considered normal in her workplace. I live in a tropical area, and open toed shoes are pretty normal, wearing pantyhose is uncommon.
Hi Mikala,

Thank you for your valued feedback. I too live in a similar climate and we dress accordingly on our leisure time.

I think you're right, this is something for HR to deal with. If they do, believe me, it will become something for me to deal with as well.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Sorry man but you are wrong here. Let her do what she wants. Do you really want to be known as a controlling bf?
Hey

You're correct. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:07 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Hi all!

This thread is about on my GF's attire to work. Today, I got her to take a picture of her feet today at her desk for me, check it out. The reason why I'm posting this now is because I want to get your opinion on whether I have valid reason to raise the topic. I've already expressed my concern about wearing clothes to work and she's gotten a "warning" from a manager at work for overly exposed attire. It is a professional environment with a diverse staff.

Her argument when talking about the topic is always the same - "a girl should always look fabulous" and "other girls dress more 'slutty'." As a measure of judgment, let's use her flip flops she often wears to work, including today. Feet "fetishes" are the most common type of "fetish" (http://goo.gl/Ekfb3z]. I love girls feet, as do other men, and she knows that. She happens to keep her toes pretty ( as you can see), which is awesome. lol

My question is:

Am I in the wrong for saying something like:

"Hey, I don't really like when to see you wear those sandals to work because I don't want other guys looking at your cute feet when you're at work. A lot of guys like feet."?

So your girlfriend thinks she dresses to what equals the "less slutty" level?
That in itself is an issue and a woman can look "fabulous" without dressing on any level of "slutty".
Her choice I suppose but if she is not smart enough to heed the warnings given by her employer about the way she dresses she will have no reason to complain when she gets fired for her work attire.

She is a grown woman and it is not your place to "tell her how to dress", you can give your opinion or merely suggest following what her employer has warned her about but nothing more than that.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Hey

You're correct. Thanks for the feedback.
You're very welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships