Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 12:39 AM

4,210 posts, read 4,460,552 times

Advertisements

(Man here) There's one factor the OP needs to consider (and accept) and that is, that not every woman you meet, will necessarily give you the time to display whatever character qualities she may find to be a 'turn on' in your presence. This is the harshest reality for some to understand and not let it bother them. Think of it like being a baseball player, you need to keep going up to bat. If you sit yourself on the bench voluntarily (by your attitude) you've already lost the game and are relegating yourself to the sidelines or stands to watch.

You may swing and miss, may get called out by the umpire on strikes, you may get (r)ejected from the game (based on whatever preconceived notions are floating around in a woman's head or based on the type of day she is having etc...) The key here being, if you like a woman and you find her interesting you should find where interests may intersect or an environment (if any) where you can be seen in multiple ways different light [much like the comment about the BF who while skiing laced up the kids boots and soon did so for all his friends.] short of stalking / restraining orders of course. Ergo there is no magic formula.

You may see a woman in a work environment or some specific place your paths cross but remember you first have a basic hurdle you will need to understand. No matter how dashing, bashful, funny, caring, confident, you may be, she may never see the part of you that may 'turn her on', and/or she may just not find you interesting. Note, women are generally far more accommodating in this regard than men.

That being said, here's some tidbits culled over the years from observation and discussion with women from siblings to girlfriends to women who just seemed to be more outspoken (like to share with strangers type). Somehow growing up with a lot of older sisters I must have acquired some basic 'tell/vibe' that makes women feel comfortable around me and have gotten unsolicited comments.

1) Be willing to admit you were wrong (accountability; you're not a doormat but you learn from mistakes)
2) When something needs doing - Just Do It. (women seem to universally hate indecisive / lazy males) Demonstrating responsibility and resourcefulness are big plusses.
3) Be self sufficient when it comes to personal care / hygiene / grooming and don't expect a woman to be your maid, cook, and on demand sex satisfier.
Women tend to notice the man who will clean up after himself and keep their possessions in fine working order and clean (in their midst). I think it gives them a basic comfort level in knowing you don't need a woman to clean up after you and you were likely raised well or acquired the self discipline to do so yourself. Women (much like cats nature) most often need to be put in the mood (be made comfortable in mind / mood) for sex-capades very few have switch you can immediately turn on.
4) Be considerate and don't act as if your behavioral interactions are part of some 'quid pro quo' economic cost benefit analysis.
5) Seek understanding of what makes her tick don't just seek a quick hit and run. Wiser woman can generally spot this easily. Also, consider when you treat young women like this you are starting them out on a bad history with the opposite sex that will just make your male brethren more distraught as you add negative data points to the collective, but think you're scoring personally. Don't treat women cheaply as something to use and discard.
6) They like genuine efforts at surprising them with your thoughtfulness. These things often needn't be costly, rather, it shows you were thinking of them and frankly, everyone at their most basic human emotional level wants to be desired.
7) The Physical things most often heard were watching a man get sweaty doing some sort of physical exertion whether outside work / sports / and variations of always well presented by dress / hygiene/ grooming.

8) Key thing here is, even if 'the woman' you are interested in doesn't find you meet her 'qualifiers', rest assured they will notice you and share with their friends and when they speak well of you, you gain much in other women's eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 01:39 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
A slightly teasing, flirtatious manner, whispering in your ear as if he has a secret with you .

Old 05-01-2014, 10:54 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I would never give a woman that much power
What power? Witholding or wanting it all the time? I said I would be punishing myself if I withheld sex from my bf. He wouldn't pull that crap with me either.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:35 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
Do women get turned on by the appearance of a slight erection in a man, even if it's in a social situation?

Old 05-02-2014, 01:47 AM

309 posts, read 348,925 times
One of a kind, irreplaceable.

No one else gets it right though they try like hell.

Be the best at (what you do).

Old 05-02-2014, 07:06 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
When I want to get a girls attention, I like to stare at her from across the room.. give a subtle smile and bat my eyes. Usually a little giggle seals the deal and they will come approach me.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:57 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Do women get turned on by the appearance of a slight erection in a man, even if it's in a social situation?
Big turn-on, especially if the man has a spotty face and is wearing a Start Trek T-shirt.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:58 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
When I want to get a girls attention, I like to stare at her from across the room.. give a subtle smile and bat my eyes. Usually a little giggle seals the deal and they will come approach me.
When I wan to get a girl's attention, I just exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships